Acoustic Noise and Vibration Specialist
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.A day in the life:
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Data collation, analysis, and manipulation;
- Assist with all aspects of the field investigation to primarily support air quality and noise monitoring programs.
- May assist in groundwater / surface water monitoring and sampling, drinking water sampling, topographic surveying, and field reconnaissance programs;
- Ensure health and safety policies are followed and be a role model to influence similar behaviour;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Environmental, Chemical or Mechnical Engineering, Environmental Science, or certification as Environmental Technician in other related disciplines;
- G2 or Full G License, and access to a vehicle with insurance will be required;
- Logical thinking and ability to bring practical solutions to challenges;
- Able to adapt to changing duties as required;
- Ability to work from home due to current COVID-19 office restrictions when required;
- Attention to detail in the completion of project-critical documentation;
- Strong organization skills and ability to follow schedules;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or in a team environment;
- Excellent English communication skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Access;
- Current First Aid certification is as asset; and,
- Active enjoyment of outdoors, in all seasons and weather.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.