ADMN O 21R - Site Information Officer
Administrative Officer R21
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$60,998.61 - $69,422.06 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Env & Climate Change Strategy
Ministry Branch / Division
EELR / Environmental Protection Division
Job Summary Site Information Officer
Administrative Officer R21
This position may be performed from these Ministry of Environment & Climate Change Strategy office locations: Victoria and Surrey, other Ministry office locations may be considered based on operational requirements.
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
The Site Information Officer leads a team to ensure the accurate and timely receipt and recording in the Site Registry of legally required site information and to provide site information services as per the Environmental Management Act and Contaminated Sites Regulation. The position provides detailed regulatory, policy, technical and administrative advice and information on site information services to a wide range of clients, government staff and other interested parties. To support the Sr Site Information Officer and program management team, the position conducts monitoring, analysis, reporting and projections on applications and revenue. Also, the position develops and maintains policies and procedures for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of site information received and made publicly available including statistical analysis of aggregated information and associated internal and external reporting.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Peter.Yan@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Science, Environmental Studies, Geography or a related scientific discipline (e.g. Resource Management) and 2 years of relevant experience, which includes 1 year experience in environmental management; OR,
• Professional Accounting Designation (CA, CGA, CMA) and/or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance or Statistics and 2 years of relevant experience, which includes 1 year of experience in Environmental Management; OR,
• Technical Diploma in Science, Environmental Studies, Geography or a related scientific discipline (e.g. Resource Management) and 4 years of relevant experience, which includes 2 years of experience in environmental management; OR,
• Grade 12 (GED) and 5 years relevant experience, which includes 4 years of experience in environmental management; OR,
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
• Experience in data analysis including compilation, interpretation and/or conducting economic and/or financial analysis.
• Experience preparing a variety of written reports, briefing notes, presentations and/or other documentation.
• Experience with MS Access and/or Excel preparing and working with complex spreadsheets, charts and graphs.
• Experience with information and records management.
• Experience interpreting and applying legislative requirements.
• Experience in a customer service environment.
• Experience handling multiple priorities concurrently.Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
• Experience and/or training in the business of contaminated sites.
• Experience working with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Document Disposal Act and procedures related to the collection, use and disclosure of information.Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Administrative Services, Natural Resource Sector
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians