Requisition ID: 54238
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Agricultural segment of the Small Business department in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives.
The Agriculture Specialist s responsible for focused profitable sales of both credit/non-credit products to agriculture customers and prospects in Small Business including self-development of an extensive network of referral sources through effective strategy of community involvement within an assigned territory. Develops & expands profitable high value client relationships (borrowings $1-3MM).
Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Key Accountabilities
1. Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
2. Grow the Small Business agriculture portfolio through new rural business acquisition at an acceptable level of risk by:
- planning and completing relationship building activities which create sales and revenue opportunities for new business
- Provide value to new and existing customers including developing and maintaining an awareness of events, trends and practices in the markets of the Agriculture and agri-business industries;
- developing and maintaining a strong knowledge of Agriculture customers in the local marketplace, including the nature and progress of high value agri-business', their financial position and structure, and the terms and conditions of financial services used;
- providing specialized Agriculture expertise and business/finance advice which increases the small business owner's ability to succeed in their business;
- developing and maintaining business relationships with Centres of Influence (COI) including influential customers, internal and external referral sources;
- Proactively promote Scotiabank's image within the agricultural community through participation and leadership in community business groups, market events
- taking steps to recover customer relationships, when required
- working closely with the Agriculture Market Lead and credit partners when processing deals;
- proactively collaborating with the Wealth Management Financial Consultant to ensure a Total Solutions approach (business and personal Lending, Payments and Investments), is provided to new and existing Agriculture banking customers;
- authorizing, renewing or declining customer requests within standard Bank policies and authorized limits, forwarding others as per established processes;
- preparing and/or ensuring all documentation is properly prepared; ensuring accounts adhere to the conditions of authorization;
- identifying and resolving deviations from the conditions of authorization; seizing opportunities to reduce risk and loss.
3. Develop your needs-based sales strategy for all clients and prospects in order to grow revenue, deepen client relationships and achieve a high standard of client loyalty by:
- discovering business and personal banking needs/preferences on both sides of the customer's balance sheet;
- Consistently following the Small Business Banking Customer Experience Model and sales methodoly
- Collaboratively work with Commercial, Small Business and Retail Banking to ensure all Agriculture customers are serviced in the channel best suited to meeting their requirements
- Effectively facilitating a hand-off of the newly developed customer relationship to an appropriate Branch Manager, and ensuring relationship building actions are taken within a prescribed period of time to enable further deepening of the customer relationship
5. Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
6. Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
7. Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team. Functional Competencies
Education / Experience
- Thorough and proven knowledge of solicitation, marketing and business development techniques
- Thorough knowledge of business financial statements, especially the Agriculture segment
- Working knowledge of competitor offerings and alternate sources of financing
- Working knowledge of economic conditions and political events affecting small business, especially the Agriculture segment
- The ability to build and maintain key relationships is essential, along with the ability to influence and persuade others. The incumbent must possess tactical planning, implementation and organization skills. A high degree of flexibility is required to adapt to a wide variety of tasks and functions.
- Experience in the field of agriculture (educational or working)
- Basic university/college courses in accounting, finance, business law, and economics, or equivalent work experience
Location(s): Canada : Manitoba : Brandon || Canada : Manitoba : Dauphin || Canada : Manitoba : Virden || Canada : Saskatchewan : Moosomin || Canada : Saskatchewan : Yorkton
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Risk Management, Developer, Law, Finance, Technology, Legal