Interested to lead a team of smart scientists and engineers and apply Science/Machine Learning to the biggest Product Classification Engine for Tax on the planet?
We are looking to hire Manager for our Applied Science/ML team for a critical and strategic org within global Tax Technologies i.e. Product Classification for Tax solving classification problems using cutting edge technologies and Machine Learning handling billions of products.
The successful candidate will have an established background in developing models, a strong technical ability, demonstrated experience in people management, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
As a Manager, you will provide machine learning leadership to the team that helps increase the accuracy of Tax classification for overall Amazon catalogue making it the biggest and most challenging tax classification using Machine learning models globally. You will coach, mentor and manage a team of scientists and developers. You will lead the team to build various machine learning models, push science limits, enhance, create algorithms that help us innovate in different ways to enhance tax classification experience.
You will need to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment. We like to move fast, experiment, iterate and then scale quickly, thoughtfully balancing speed and quality.
Key job responsibilities
• Identifying opportunities to more effectively utilize our globally deployed models to achieve highest possible classification accuracy.
• Build and own a solid ML roadmap for the team and execute on multi-year strategy.
• Conducting and coordinating process development leading to improved and streamlined processes for model development. Strong customer focus is essential.
• Providing technical and scientific guidance to your team members.
• Communicating effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
• Supporting the career development of your team members.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• A PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field; or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
• 4+ years of experience in Applied Machine Learning, Statistics, or a closely-related field.
• 1+ years of experience managing a software engineering or machine learning science team.
• Must have delivered features for at least one large-scale production system.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in managing and quantifying improvement in multiple business areas resulting from business analytics, optimization techniques, and/or statistical modeling.
• Knowledge of various machine learning techniques and key parameters that affect their performance
• Knowledge of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.