At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 350 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
To learn more about Microserve, click here.
Microserve’s AV business is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced, business savvy services leader to join our team as we take our business to the next level. This role can be performed anywhere within Western Canada.
Reporting into our VP and General Manager, the successful candidate has a minimum of 5 years working for an AV integration service provider and leading the delivery of AV services and solutions to enterprise organizations. He or she is a highly organized and effective operational leader with strong communication and people management skills, as well as a passion for audio visual technology and client satisfaction.
- End to end responsibility for delivery of Microserve’s AV services, including design, installation, documentation, and client acceptance
- Financial, utilization and quality management, on a per client, per engagement/project, and aggregate (P&L) basis for the AV services business. Collaboration with other Microserve leaders and team members as appropriate to ensure financial health as well as ongoing service quality.
- HR responsibility for AV services team members including hiring, coaching, training, technical certification, and performance management
- End-to-end subcontractor management when appropriate
- Managing resource levels and skills mix to make sure that we are consistently delivered to meet our delivery requirements
- Direct execution of Service Delivery & Project Management services for specific clients and engagements as appropriate
- Collaborate with other Microserve service leaders to develop and execute common best practices for service delivery to Microserve clients, and to deliver cross-functional services and solutions
- Lead the ongoing standardization, optimization and design of Microserve’s service delivery processes
- Primary responsibility for AV services pricing model, as well as scope and change management for all engagements
- Ensure effective and consistent use of ITSM system by all team members
- Remain abreast of technology developments and trends within the AV marketspace
- Work collaboratively with Microserve’s sales team to understand upcoming requirements and manage capacity accordingly
- Support the presales and solution development process to maximize success
- Lead delivery of new and updated AV services offerings
- Location: Candidates across BC and Alberta considered
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of service delivery experience in the AV services industry
- Relevant certification and training in audio visual, project management and/or IT service management considered an asset
- Pervious P&L management responsibility
- 3+ years end to end people management experience
- Demonstrated experience with effective project management, including scope control and change management
- Demonstrated success in leading operational / service delivery process design, standardization and optimization
- Understanding of AV technologies and solutions, as well as how they interact with other Microserve service areas such as unified communications and collaboration portfolios