BAND 3 - Real Estate Manager
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$77,700.20 - $110,000.05 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Citizens' Services
Ministry Branch / Division
Asset Management Branch/Real Property Division
Job Summary Real Estate Manager
Management Band 3
There is currently one full-time permanent position available.
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary and/or permanent opportunities.
This position can be performed from Victoria or Vancouver. Other approved locations within the Province of BC may be considered.
This position is excluded from union membership.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Contribute your portfolio management, asset management, and real estate expertise to this important role
The Real Property Division (RPD), within the Ministry of Citizens' Services, provides everything needed to manage the Province's real estate portfolio, office space, furniture and special-purpose facilities. RPD serves the needs of approximately 30,000 public servants in the British Columbia Public Service and many more in the broader public sector. The Asset Management Branch provides stewardship for public sector real property assets and manages and maintains an optimal mix of properties to cost-effectively support the current and long-term program needs of clients.
The Real Estate Manager, part of the Asset Portfolio Team, acts as a consultant in the delivery of strategic advisory services to broader public sector customers, applying portfolio management, asset management, and real estate expertise to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the provincial government's inventory of real property. The position manages the sustainable performance of an assigned portfolio of properties. The Real Estate Manager provides stewardship for an inventory of owned properties to cost-effectively support the current and long-term program needs of clients and develops and manages the implementation of stewardship strategies that maximize the utility and financial performance of individual owned assets relative to established objectives.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Charles.Chan@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Post-secondary degree in Urban Land Economics, Building Technology, Urban Planning, or Business or Public Administration; a professional real estate designation is preferred (i.e., AACI, CCIM, CPM, RPA, FRI, RI(BC)); or PMP certification.
- 5 years or more senior management experience in the asset or portfolio management industries.
- OR an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Proficient in the analysis of complex real estate transactions, investments, asset appraisal and valuations, program management and operational performance.
- Experience and competency in a range of real estate-related functions including asset management, portfolio management, property management, sales, acquisitions, leasing, urban planning, and development planning.
- Experience producing high quality documents, public facing documents, business case materials, reports and various other written materials as required. Preference may be given to applicants with experience writing Information Notes and/or Briefing Notes for Ministry and Government executives, Treasury Board Submissions, Cabinet Submissions, etc.
- Experience and competency in leading people and managing cross-functional activities. Includes proven experience establishing and maintaining productive, collaborative relationships with diverse individuals and groups, influencing, negotiating and motivating as required to achieve desired outcomes.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- The nature and duties of this position require occasional travel; a valid BC driver's licence is a requirement for this position.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive