At EVRAZ, our strength starts with our people! As a team we collaborate to solve problems, contribute ideas and challenge each other to ensure growth and ultimately success for the business and our employees.
Job Description and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Buyer to join our Regina team. This is a good opportunity to jump start your career in Supply Chain in the Steel Industry.
- Receive and complete requisitions for the purchase of materials
- Create Purchase orders, Request for Quotations and related documents
- Work within procurement department policies and procedures
- Analyze and research data pertaining to assigned commodity groups and make recommendations
- Researching new suppliers
- Take part in monthly, quarterly and annual inventory counts
- Attend weekly production meetings
- Related duties as assigned
- 1+ years' experience in a similar role in heavy industry
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management or similar education
- Experience using ERP systems for procurement (Oracle preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a union bargaining unit
Our total compensation package includes amazing benefits!
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted. Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations and statutory holidays
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
EVRAZ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EVRAZ North America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or call: (312) 533-3577. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Join a team that manufactures excellence, drives success and builds careers!