Who we are
Staples Canada is on a journey to become the Working and Learning Company. We are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that's you, let's work, learn and grow together. Some of what you will do:
As the Customer Service Representative, you're responsible for the customer experience in the front end of the store. You demonstrate your passion by exhibiting a high degree of customer awareness while accurately and expediently processing customers at the checkout. You connect, share your knowledge and enthusiasm, and partner in a consultative manner with our customers and other associates to offer solutions that help them achieve their working & learning goals. Specifically, you will:
• Be a dynamic inspiring partner to customers by providing an exceptional experience while processing all types of purchases, resolving customer opportunities, and completing returns and exchanges. You'll handle a wide range of purchases including buy-online-pickup-in-store (BOPIS), services pickups and special orders.
• Take the opportunity to suggest value add sales and services to customers. Connect, Share, and Partner by offering relevant programs/promotions to add value.
• You will operate cash registers, follow all loss prevention measures and ensure the cleanliness and store standards of your assigned departments.
• Stock and maintain front-end racks/shelves and merchandise areas.
• Ensure that a clean and safe environment is always top-of-mind, keeping the safety of yourself, fellow associates, and our customers as a key priority.Some of what you need:
• Three months to one year of related experience is preferred.
• Proven track record of achieving customer service excellence.
• Ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner.
• Ability to communicate with and engage customers effectively using a variety of mediums.
• Solutions Finder Some of what you will get:
• Associate discount
• Health and Dental benefits
• Learning & Development programs
• And more... Additional Information
• A moderate amount of physical effort and operation of equipment / machinery is required to execute our merchandising standards and to maximize our customer experience.
• You'll spend your time at our front cash station inspiring customers with your brilliance while processing orders, this will involve some repetitive movement and physically being able to stand, and handle products for our customers.
• We like for our associates to experience everything our customers experience across the store, and so while you'll typically be at cash, but we'll also cross train you in lots of different areas of the store.
• We'll also ask you to work a variety or retail-based shifts including evenings and weekends.Employment Statement
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants' needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Customer Service and Support Retail