Are you interested in an opportunity to grow professionally within a positive and progressive culture? Northern Health is seeking a champion with significant coaching/mentoring experience to join us our team.
The Care Process Coach provides direct day-to-day mentoring, coaching, change management and systems support to assigned primary care teams in Northern Health. The Coach is responsible for directly guiding the primary care team through the development, implementation and continuous improvement of local interprofessional processes, protocols, and systems that apply Northern Health's strategic objectives to the specific primary care objectives of the local patient population. Using established quality improvement methodologies including LEAN and other principles, strategies, and tools, the incumbent uses best-practice coaching strategies to ensure effective on-the-job application of established quality improvement strategies.
The Coach will support quality improvement initiatives by working directly with members of the primary care team to assess current work processes and practices, apply established design, implement preferred practices in the local context, and evaluate outcomes. The Coach works with teams to enhance care delivery, increase patient safety, improve patient and staff experience, and contribute to effective and sustainable primary health care delivery at the local level. The role promotes evidence-based systems and tools in alignment with Northern Health strategic and operational plans. The Coach engages Managers, Leaders, and front-line staff to increase capacity for promoting a culture of continuous quality improvement in providing front line primary care.Shift rotation/hours of work:
Monday to Friday / Days - 08:30 to 16:30Burns Lake
has a population of 1,779 (2021) local residents and serves the surrounding areas of the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako estimating a population of 7,000. Wilderness and some of BC's largest freshwater lakes where sport fishing is a popular activity for both locals and tourists surround Burns Lake. Check out Burns Lake for more information on this family friendly community.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC Qualifications Education and Experience:
• Baccalaureate Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Health Administration, Education or a related field, with a focus on the public sector environment.
• Subject matter expert in proven quality improvement methodologies including LEAN.
• Five (5) to seven (7) years recent, related experience in quality/process improvement and education, preferably in a healthcare setting.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to guide, coach, teach, and promote a learning environment and continuous quality improvement.
• Knowledge of quality improvement principles, theory, and practice.
• Comprehensive knowledge of LEAN and ability to apply LEAN thinking in healthcare settings.
• Ability to foster innovation within a complex multi-stakeholder organization.
• Ability to see connections between issues, events and data points and to think clearly around complex systems, bridging specific community objectives and regional strategic objectives.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills.
• Proven ability to manage diverse groups and individuals through change initiatives and be able to resolve issues that arise throughout the process.
• Superior small and large group facilitation skills and individual coaching skills. - Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Courage and ability to foster collaborative partnerships using a team approach.
• High level of motivation with a positive attitude and high degree of flexibility in a rapidly changing environment.
• Strong organizational skills and experience in project management; ability to organize and prioritize work and balance multiple activities concurrently.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Valid Class 5 BC Driver's License.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.