2022-891206 SEIU Position:
Clerical Associate Department:
Temporary Full-time for approx. 6 months Hours:
Monday - Sunday; Various rotating; Days & Evenings; 8 & 12 hour shifts (hours subject to change based on operational needs) Site:
Georgetown Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we take healthcare to a new level to meet the urgent needs of ourcommunity's growing and aging population. We are adistinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community. Halton Healthcare's vision of Exemplary patient experiences, always , goes beyond just the patient experience; it has shaped our entire culture and remains at the core of every interaction in our organization, from our patients & families to our staff, physicians and volunteers. We believe in exemplary PEOPLE experiences always! This is what you'll be doing:
The incumbent will register patients using Meditech software, assist with all clerical functions necessary for the smooth operation of the Emergency Department including: copying physician orders, completing patients documentation and information, documenting payroll, ordering and organizing supplies and any other duties as required. This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Medical terminology required
- A Medical Office Administration diploma from a recognized college is considered an asset
- Must have experience and be familiar with MS Word and Outlook email
- A minimum of 30 wpm typing speed required
- Previous experience in a patient care/clinical setting required
- Must have fast and accurate computer data entry skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be able to prioritize workload and function independently in a busy environment
- Must be physically able to perform the job: prolonged periods of time sitting; pushing and pulling variety of wheeled equipment; repetitive forward bending, hand/arm activities, hand/finger dexterity; and carrying/lifting approximately 25lbs
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Demonstrated public relations skills and the ability to diplomatically respond to physicians, staff, and family inquires in a demanding work environment
- Satisfactory employment record and good attendance record
: $23.33 to$25.31 per hour Date Posted
: January 6, 2022 Internal Applications Due by:
January 13, 2022
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals' health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.