At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
As an Accounting/Bookkeeping Technician, with a focus on onboarding new clients, you will be responsible for all day to day accounting and bookkeeping functions related to each client you serve. As a financial professional specializing in onboarding new clients, you will be learning the new clients, and then communicating the details specific to this client to the bookkeeper who will be maintaining the account. We are a business partner to each owner and management group we provide services to and will be expected to learn each client's financial position inside out. Our division works in the cloud providing our clients with accurate live data so that they can make decisions in a timely manner based on real time data.
This role is ideal for someone who is not only tech savvy but willing to put in the time and effort to ensure a lasting positive impact on both our clients and KPMG. * This position is not for future CPA candidates. ** This is a work from home opportunity, home internet and a dedicated workspace is a pre-requisite. What you will do
You will be part of a growing national team supporting weekly, monthly and quarterly engagements across a diverse group of industries and deliver on a variety of cloud based assignments for clients across the country including:
What you bring to the role
- Full cycle bookkeeping on various clients in a number of industries.
- Responsibilities include reconciliation of bank balances and credit card transactions, processing of sales and purchases invoices, overseeing payroll processing and recording ad hoc adjusting entries on a regular basis utilizing cloud based software and apps
- Other functions such as GST/HST filings, month end / quarterly reviews will form part of your responsibilities
- Ongoing communication with clients and their representatives throughout the year, utilizing various communication tools.
- Setting up clients in QBO and/or Xero, Payrolls, and setup of apps with connection to database
- Catch up and/or cleanup of client databases (some clients we inherit their existing QBO or Xero databases)
- Documenting the processes, you have established for the ongoing of bookkeeping for the team
- Provide backup to the team for clients you have onboarded
Keys to your success:
- Accounting/business diploma/certificate or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision, but willing to ask questions or obtain assistance when needed
- Proven track record of strong organizational skills
- Effectively monitor multiple or complex projects regularly to ensure deadlines are being met
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Excellent client services skills with an aptitude to understand the client business and maintain strong client relationships
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties
- Uses previous experience and technical knowledge to the benefit of the client
- Able to use a range of techniques to analyze an issue
- In-depth working knowledge of QuickBooks Online (QBO) 2 years, and Xero experience would be a bonus.
3 - 5 years' experience with exposure to a variety of industries, preferably in a multi-client environment
- Experience with Cloud accounting and payroll applications and integrations
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.