What is the opportunity?
As our Commercial Account Manager Trainee, you are in a proactive, face-to-face sales role in RBC's Commercial Banking platform. The program is based primarily in a Commercial Centre and lasts approximately 9 months. A mentor is assigned to coach you throughout your training. This opportunity prepares you to deliver excellent, responsive, and proactive service to commercial business clients in the areas of accounts, operating services, credit, lending, and deposits. Your training occurs on-the-job, combined with self-study material, interactive online courses, and classroom training. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Deliver value-added financial advice and solutions that are tailored to your clients
- Leverage sales enablers, including sales planning, prospecting, and pre-call planning tools
- Apply a continuous-improvement approach to delivering a superior client experience
- Develop your needs-based sales strategy for all clients and prospects in order to grow revenue, deepen client relationships and achieve a high standard of client loyalty
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in commercial lending preferred, as well as previous banking experience in a relationship management role
- A post-secondary diploma/degree, ideally in commerce or business administration, or related experience
- Demonstrated sales success, meeting and exceeding sales targets, especially with respect to the acquisition of new clients, prospecting, and cold calling
- Financial statement review and computer modeling and analysis experience
- Experience with emerging communications and technology (i.e., web based meetings, social media, digital banking, and mobile applications)
What's in it for you?
- Strong sales orientation with a passion for fulfilling client needs
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude and self-motivation to achieve above average results
- Continuous learner with a deep curiosity for understanding his/her diverse customers and is up-to-date with changes in client needs, procedures, and relevant products
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.JOB SUMMARY City:
Moose JawWork Hours/Week:
Commercial Banking CentreEmployment Type:
Experienced Hire/ProfessionalPay Type:
PL08 Required Travel(%):
Sales and Marketing