Overview You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
Our Governance, Risk Compliance Services professionals provide a range of assurance and advisory services to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of internal audit functions, enterprise risk management programs, third-party relationships , regulatory compliance, governance, and sustainability initiatives. What you will do
The successful candidate will be involved in the delivery of client services including:
- Providing a broad range of Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance services, including performing compliance work and testing internal controls over financial reporting (ICOFR), and/or IT control testing.
- Assisting to develop recommendations to design and/or strengthen internal controls and assist in improving their efficiency and effectiveness, adding value to the organization.
- Assisting organizations with the delivery of specialized internal audit, internal control, and regulatory compliance projects utilizing proven methodologies and frameworks.
- Assist in the delivery of internal audit quality assessments.
- Performing aspects of internal audits including planning, risk assessments, developing audit programs, executing fieldwork, and preparing reports.
- Assisting our team with business development initiatives
- Networking internally and externally to create strong relationships and opportunities for business development.
Developing industry expertise to identify growth opportunities What you bring to the role
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Bachelor degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university.
- CIA, CPA, or candidates currently pursuing their CPA or CIA, would be viewed positively.
- CISA, CRMA or other relevant qualifications and designations would be an asset.
- 1-3 years of experience delivering internal audits, internal control/SOX audits and/or IT audit/control engagements in a public accounting firm or industry.
- Familiarity with internal control frameworks (COSO, COBIT) and experience in risk management processes is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with team members, internal/external stakeholders with various backgrounds, and at different levels in the organization is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail with solid organizational and analytical skills.
- Flexible in their style and willing to learn new ways, methods and approaches.
- Self-motivated and willing to ask probing questions to uncover client opportunities.
- Ability to convey concepts and services to clients clearly and logically.
- Displays a can-do attitude and continuously seeks ways to do things better.
- Maintains a professional demeanor at all times with clients and colleagues and is able to keep calm under pressure.
- Demonstrates passion for their community and participates in community enrichment activities.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.