Permanent Reference code
:125010 Primary Location:
Toronto, ON All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Moncton, NB; Ottawa, ON; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
About the team
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy My Benefit Dollars - a flexible benefit to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
Deloitte's Compliance and Operational Risk (C&OR) team is a highly connected market offering embedded within the Risk Advisory Business looking to continually grow, innovate, and offer quality and innovation to our clients. We help clients in non-financial service industries, safeguard stakeholder interests by proactively managing risk related to external regulations, commitments and standards enabling long term success and sustainable growth. We focus on strategic support for clients with:
Compliance - management of external regulations, corporate commitments, and internal standards and policies
Operational Risk - Strengthening first and second lines of defense processes for health and safety, operational resilience, and asset integrity.What will your typical day look like?
As Senio/Consultant you are responsible for helping to deliver compliance-related client projects.
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Leverage compliance knowledge and diverse advisory skillset to develop and enhance deliverables across compliance operations from risk assessments to monitoring, issue tracking and reporting.
- Contribute to delivery of innovative solutions to risk management.
- Develop working documents and deliverables, provide project management for client engagements.
- Support the delivery of projects.
- Contribute to the drafting of proposals, marketing content, and thought leadership as a key contributor to developing new business.
- Support the retention of Deloitte's position as the preeminent C&OR leader in professional services through industry presentations and publications.
- Participate in various training and education programs with regards to standard engagement processes, compliance subject matter expertise.
As a Consultant / Sr. Consultant, you have:
• 3 - 10 years of professional experience in one or more of the following industries: Power, Utilities & Renewables, Mining & Metals, Energy & Chemicals, Manufacturing, Technology and Government and Public Sector.
• Demonstrated relevant experience in corporate compliance and/or regulatory compliance fields working with clients in a consulting environment or delivering value for stakeholders in a complex corporate environment.
• Understanding and/or experience in applying industry-adopted compliance frameworks (e.g., ISO).
• Strong knowledge of industry-specific regulatory frameworks and requirements.
• Experience in compliance program strategy and transformational initiatives between business units and corporate risk and compliance functions is a strong plus.
• Experience in program and/or project management for technology implementations using top analyst rated third party software a strong plus.
• Proven track record in designing and implementing compliance programs.
• The implementation, application and/or management of compliance management software (e.g., ServiceNow)
• Previous experience with a regulatory body would be an asset
Additionally, we are looking for:
• Undergraduate degree in engineering, environmental or related science, or business
• Impeccable verbal and written communication skills in English; French an asset.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
• A willingness to travel (20% of total time) within Canada, the United States and, on selected occasions, overseas, if required.
• Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada.
• The ability to enter the USA and work on client assignments is an asset.
• The ability to enter the EU and other developed countries is an asset.Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations) or firstname.lastname@example.org
for any questions relating to careers for Indigenous peoples at Deloitte (First Nations, Inuit, Métis).
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Compliance, Marketing Consultant, Embedded, Law, Developer, Legal, Marketing, Technology
Management and Executive