At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Governance, Risk Compliance Services professionals provide a range of assurance and advisory services to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of internal audit functions, enterprise risk management programs, third-party relationships, regulatory compliance, governance, and sustainability initiatives.
We analyze and assess an organization's business strategies and related business processes and systems to help organizations understand and address business goals, requirements, risks, controls, and improvement opportunities. Our professionals bring both deep technical and industry experience, allowing clients to strengthen their key governance, risk management and compliance efforts while optimizing business performance. What you will do
The successful candidate will be involved in the delivery of client services including:
- Providing a broad range of Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance services, with a focus on internal audit, business process review/mapping, internal controls over financial reporting (ICOFR), and/or IT control testing.
- Developing recommendations to design and/or strengthen internal controls and assist in improving their efficiency and effectiveness, adding value to the organization.
- Assisting organizations with the delivery of specialized internal audit, internal control, and regulatory compliance projects utilizing proven methodologies and frameworks.
- Assist in the delivery of internal audit quality assessments.
- Delivering and, performing aspects of internal audits including planning, risk assessments, developing audit programs, executing fieldwork, and preparing reports.
- Assisting in reviewing the quality of the fieldwork and deliverables prepared by engagement members and providing guidance and leadership for performance improvement.
- Assisting with the development and delivery of internal audit and other basic risk training.
- Assisting with the creation of proposals and other business development initiatives
- Networking internally and externally to create strong relationships and opportunities for business development.
- Developing industry expertise to identify growth opportunities.
#LI-Remote What you bring to the role
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
Keys to your success:
- Bachelor degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university.
- CPA, or candidates currently pursuing their CPA, would be viewed positively.
- CIA, CISA, CRMA or other relevant qualifications and designations would be an asset.
- 2-5 years of experience delivering internal audits, internal control/ICOFR audits and/or IT audit/control engagements in a public accounting firm.
- Familiarity with internal control frameworks (COSO, COBIT) and experience in risk management processes is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with team members, internal/external stakeholders with various backgrounds, and at different levels in the organization is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail with solid organizational and analytical skills.
- Flexible in their style and willing to learn new ways, methods and approaches.
- Self-motivated and willing to ask probing questions to uncover client opportunities.
- Ability to convey concepts and services to clients clearly and logically.
- Displays a can-do attitude and continuously seeks ways to do things better.
- Maintains a professional demeanor at all times with clients and colleagues and is able to keep calm under pressure.
- Demonstrates passion for their community and participates in community enrichment activities.
- The successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .