Come join the Marketplace Team in our mission to change the way enterprise software are bought and sold! Marketplace enables software sellers to reach all customers; and enables software buyers to easily discover, purchase and consume software. Our goals include enriching the platform to support more diverse selection, improving seller experience and implementing new ideas to add new dimensions to the product. Our vision is to make Marketplace one stop shop for buying and selling software just like Amazon.com is for retail.
Our teams take on some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges to deliver meaningful reporting to AWS Marketplace sellers. We process millions of records daily using stream processing techniques (Kinesis, S3, SQS) and handle artifacts through the latest in database technologies (AWS Redshift). We process big data and provide multiple tools for our customers to understand their marketplace business from quote to cash lifecycle. We are building a new data ingestion platform to scale for the future.
Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS Marketplace teams and interact directly with end-customers, we are able to directly improve the seller experience with data quality, latency and scaling improvements.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to help the team take Marketplace to the next level. As a Data Engineer on the team you will own large portions of the product and will have significant influence on our strategy by helping define the next wave of product features and system architecture. The systems are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels from ingestion of data through 30+ sources, performance tuning, to system level pieces and end-customer reporting experience. You should be somebody who enjoys working on large data sets, is customer-centric, is passionate about building quality ETL and related software as well as achieving operational excellence. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are essential.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features or products. He or she has experience with design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets. He or she should have excellent business and interpersonal skills to work with business owners on gathering and proposing data requirements, and to build ETL to ingest the data. Above all extremely passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring data together to answer business questions and drive growth. Experience with software development and AWS technologies is a plus.
Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so we're all able to maintain standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
AWS MP is highly available, but there are times when we occasionally stray away from our normal operations. To minimize the impact of such excursions, we have on-call rotations. However, we set these up so there are focused time periods when you are on-call and when you are not, so you can focus on your day job when not on-call.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. We can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusive Team Culture
We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Amazon Women and Engineering, and LGBTQ+BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, and 5+ years of relevant employment experience.
- 5+ years of work experience with ETL, Data Modeling, Data Architecture.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Expert-level skills in writing and optimizing SQL.
- Experience with Big Data technologies.
- Proficiency in one scripting languages - python, ruby, java or similar.
- Proficiency in at least 1 object oriented language - java or similar.
- Experience operating very large data warehouses.
- Proven interpersonal skills and standout colleague.
- A real passion for technology. We are looking for someone who is keen to demonstrate their existing skills while trying new approaches.
- 7+ years of industry experience.
- Authoritative in ETL optimization, designing, coding, and tuning big data processes using AWS Redshift or similar technologies.
- Experience with building data pipelines and applications to stream and process datasets at low latencies.
- Strong knowledge and experience on Java and object oriented programming.
- Demonstrate efficiency in handling data - tracking data lineage, ensuring data quality, and improving discoverability of data.
- Experience with AWS services SFN, SQS etc is a plus.
- Commitment to innovate and adapt to new technology.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.