At Amazon, we strive every day to be Earth's most customer centric company. Partner Support and Solutions (PSAS) delivers on this by solving millions of problems per week on behalf of the third party merchants who sell on our platform. There are many challenges that we confront caused by the volume, diversity, and complexity of our support cases... and we are always striving to do better.
Do you want to join an innovative team who creatively applies techniques ranging from statistics and traditional machine learning to deep learning and natural language processing? A team that drives our flywheel of improvement by hunting down opportunities to do better that are buried in tens of millions of solved cases? Are you interested in helping us redefine what world class support can be in an age of automation and AI, while prizing human empathy and ingenuity?
The PSAS Science Team is looking for a Data Scientist to build statistical and machine learning solutions that help us understand and solve our most challenging problems. We need to better understand our Sellers and the problems they face, to design permanent fixes to recurring problems, to anticipate problems so that we are prepared to deal with them, to measure our success at delighting our customers, and to identify opportunities to grow and improve.
In this role, you will have ownership of the end-to-end development of solutions to complex problems and you will play an integral role in strategic decision-making. You will also work closely with engineers, operations teams, product owners to build ML pipelines, platforms and solutions that solve problems of defect detection, automation, and workforce optimization.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience working in data science roles or Master's degree with 3+ years of experience in data science roles
- 3+ years of experience applying machine learning techniques
- Skilled with Python, R or similar scripting language
- Experience using multiple data science methodologies to solve complex business problems (e.g. statistical analysis, research science, machine learning and deep learning techniques, data modelling, regression modelling, financial analysis, demand modeling, clustering, etc.)
- Experience in distilling informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
- Experience communicating verbally and in writing to technical peers and leadership teams with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about systems and algorithms, as well as sharing insights and data-driven recommendations
- Experience querying, processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (millions to billions of rows) of data.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field.
- 5+ years working in Data Science roles
- Functional knowledge of AWS platforms such as S3, Glue, Athena, Sagemaker
- Experience querying, processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (millions to billions of rows) of data. Proficient in SQL, with experience with Spark, Hadoop
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.