Requisition ID: 105207
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Be part of a company that believe in long-term success of our Bank and the world around us.......
The Director and Group Lead is responsible for managing a mid-market (and/or core) team that contributes to the overall success of the Commercial Bank. This includes meeting financial objectives related to the profitable growth and retention of the team's assigned portfolio of Commercial clients. Understanding client and business trends, local markets and leading a strategy that deepens relationships by leveraging internal partners to provide holistic solutions for our clients.
The role carries responsibility for the Mid-Market (and/or Core segments) and oversees activities that involves varying degrees of complexity, depending on the segments. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if:
- Do you have expert sales management, relationship building and leadership skills, along with the ability to influence and motivate others?
- Do you thrive on opportunities to set a positive example of change and encourage others to do the same?
- Would you classify yourself as having an expert knowledge of Canada's financial services marketplace and of the assigned market area's key industries, major customers and competitive positioning within the assigned market areas?
- Do you possess tactical planning skills and implementation/management skills?
- Have you had experience in a role that exercises a high degree of independent judgement and discretion with respect to the frequency and duration of sales management activities and within the context of approved budgets, authorities and Bank policies?
- You fit into the category of an expert and/or strong commercial banking experienced individual.
- H ave proven "strong" people skills/leadership, sales management and coaching techniques in combination with relationship building skills and strong sales/closing capabilities.
- You would classify yourself as an expert around credit skills and a working knowledge of financial analysis, risk analysis techniques, credit adjudication and the Bank's lending policies/procedures.
- External education and/or licensing prerequisites: minimum post secondary diploma/degree ideally in Business or Economics or work equivalency.
- Ability to develop and execute tactical plans for the team that includes an understanding of client and business trends in your assigned market, business development, development of internal and external networks and overall share of wallet growth.
- Support and guide the Associate Group Lead in enforcing sound credit principals that keep with industry policies, as well as internal standard operating procedures.
- This role requires extremely strong organizational skills that can handle the stress involved in a fast-paced role that will pull you in many directions and be able to constantly reprioritize throughout the day, many of which present problems or opportunities which must be handled immediately.
- This is your opportunity to report to the Vice President and Head, Commercial Banking and manage a total team of approximately ten to 14.
- Direct Reports: between six to ten Senior Client Relationship Managers (SCRMs), Client Relationship Managers (CRMs) and an Associate Group Lead.
- Indirect Reports: between three to four Client Solutions Analysts (CSAs).
- The opportunity to make a difference and build a top quartile team.
- An opportunity to work with an organization committed to making a difference in our communities - for you and our customers.
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking organization surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- The opportunity to work closely with the Associate Group Lead to oversee various responsibilities.
The incumbent works in a standard office environment. Normal sensory attention is required. Frequent travel is required involving domestic air flights as well as trips by car. Frequent interruptions, ad hoc requests and unplanned operating issues, along with constantly changing priorities contribute to the high demands placed on the incumbent. Non-standard working hours are a regular occurrence and you will require a vehicle.
Location(s): Saskatoon || Canada : Saskatchewan : Regina || Canada : Saskatchewan : Saskatoon
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Manager, Web Design, Business Development, Finance, Management, Creative, Sales
Banking, Finance and Insurance