Location: Regina, SK Position: Casual
Ehrlo Early Learning Centre is seeking to fill casual Early Childhood Educator positions. The Early Childhood Educator provides care for the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive needs of toddlers and young children in a safe and healthy environment. The Early Childhood Educator collaborates with the supervisor and all other members of the program team to provide nurturing care, project-based learning, and developmentally appropriate activities in a group setting. The Early Childhood Educator works in accordance with the goals and curriculum plans of the centre; the philosophy and policies of the agency; and provincial legislation. Qualifications Education and Professional Certification
- A certificate or diploma in Early Childhood Education, or an ECE 1, ECE II, or ECE III equivalency.
Skills and Characteristics
- Up to one (1) year of experience working with infants, toddlers, and/or young children.
- Direct experience as an Early Childhood Educator is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities Services
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form genuine relationships and professional working alliances with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to lead through motivation, role-modelling, and support.
- Outgoing personality with interests that can be used to engage children (i.e. outdoors, arts, sports, etc.).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Child Care Regulations and Ministry of Education Licensee Manual.
- Emotional competence and self awareness.
- Ability to display empathy, patience, and understanding in day-to-day interactions.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to set clear, attainable goals and meet individual and program objectives.
- Ability to adapt to new situations.
- Ability to clean and maintain an organized environment.
- Open to continuous education and learning and development opportunities.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Develop and implement programming and daily activities based on EELC programming expectations, using a balance between educator led and child directed.
- Adapt programming to meet the needs and abilities of the children in coordination with the other team members.
- Submit written observations and assessments of each child to the supervisor.
- Support the children in all areas of development.
- Assist in the preparation of quality meals and snacks for the children.
- Adjust the environment according to the changing programming needs.
- Adhere to supervision policies and procedures as stated in the EELC Parent Handbook.
- Administer medication to children when required as per EELC policies and procedures.
- Complete reports and documentation clearly, accurately, in a timely manner, and according to the EELC Parent Handbook.
- Attend staff and general meetings, parent meetings, workshops and conferences, and training programs, as requested by the director.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Management of Resources
- Provide direction, guidance, and mentorship to new employees, practicum students, and volunteers.
- Display positive role modelling, agency values, and fairness.
- Collaborate and communicate with the multidisciplinary team when required.
- Identify required resources for programming and daily activity plans.
- Submit receipts and reconcile expenses for supervisor approved expenditures.
- Ensure care, cleanliness, and maintenance of assigned assets and resources including; building(s), furnishings, and equipment.
- Maintain, promote, and reinforce safe work habits, practices, and procedures.
- Adhere to written or verbal agency and government regulations, policies, practices, and instructions.
The incumbent is responsible for completing all mandatory training requirements for the position as per agency policy and guidelines.
Wage range for this position is $16.97 to $19.68. Any questions, please contact Karin Duff at306-751-2918
This wage range does not include any eligible wage enhancement grant provided by the Ministry of Education.