Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an Experience Based-Accelerators (EBA) Lead to help customers realize sustained business value by accelerating their customer transformation journey. AWS is the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 175 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers-including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies-are using AWS to accelerate innovation, become more agile, and lower costs.
EBAs are a leading AWS customer program designed to provide 'learn-by-doing' workshops that help large enterprises experience new ways of working, communicate, ignite initiatives, and remove barriers to internal transformation.
EBAs are immersive engagements which change the way customers work - from legacy siloed teams to cross-functional empowered teams; from waterfall project-based focus to iterative product-based execution; long-lead analysis to bias for action. For each EBA engagement, cross functional customer teams and AWS SMEs are collocated for 3-5 days, focused on delivering specific outcomes and starting their transformation journey.
The EBA Lead identifies customers who could benefit from an EBA engagement, scales program delivery, deploys a unified EBA process, coordinates large scale deployments and projects, and is measured in the impact that EBAs have on customers. Coaching Strategists, Technology Leaders, and Customers, this role will have cross-AWS visibility by driving alignment for cloud acceleration in our enterprise and global multi-national customers.
The successful candidate must be comfortable individually driving cross-team efforts and defining well-considered objectives and metrics to guide decision-making and affect change. Leading by example, the candidate will coach other AWS delivery teams, Partners, and Customers to provide clear vision and technical direction for diverse engineering and business leaders at all levels, leveraging strong verbal and written skills. This Tech Lead will also coach how to partner with c-level to report progress, or push back and co-own escalations while assuming the coaching role across multiple deliverables.
Additionally, an EBA Lead is expected to coach others in strategic decision processes. They can explain how to seek out and clearly communicate relevant data to support complex business decisions, and drive the right recommendations in a highly collaborative and effective fashion. They can create plans that have objective, measurable success criteria and clearly communicate progress and outcomes. They anticipate the gaps between teams, processes, and identify common roadblocks to help the organization consistently accelerate. The Lead is obsessed with customer success and quickly develops a keen sense for customer needs and improvement opportunities.
Scale and coach the EBAs resources (AWS, Partners, Customers) to:
* Gather knowledge, define projects, and coordinate execution across multiple global partner teams
* Identify and produce appropriate business metrics, and continually assess them to improve over time
* Lead and coach Agile delivery mechanisms in non-traditional areas of focus
* Apply expertise in strategic discussions, keeping all stakeholders productively engaged
* Concisely represent our organization to business leaders and technical staff at all levels of the company
* Prepare and present detailed, written technical information for internal and external audiences
* Demonstrate exceptional judgment, integrity, business acumen, and communication skills
* Negotiate and coordinate with cross-functional organizationsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience leading complex, large-scale, technical or engineering programs with a proven record of thought leadership, business case development, realizing customer benefits, and successful program completion • 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing role, engaging with senior customer executives, technologists and/or partners to solve complex business problems with advanced technologies • Experience in a direct or matrixed role leading technical and non-technical transformation project teams with a proven ability to work across broad functional teams • A history of problem solving and disruptive innovation developing technology programs and working across customer organizations • Bachelor's Degree in science, technology, engineering, math, business, or equivalent experience • Ability to travel up to 15% as neededPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Direct experience implementing cloud services including migrations and modernization projects • Knowledge of AWS Services and Solutions • Proven track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and work in fast paced, ambiguous environments • Ability to credibly coordinate between project teams and customers to meet unique customer requirements • Project management certification or training such as PMP, Scrum, or other Agile experience and certification Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive