ECON 27R - Economist
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$75,552.53 - $86,175.83, plus 3.3% Temporary Market Adjustment
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Jobs, Econom Dev & Innovation
Ministry Branch / Division
Trade and Industry Development
Job Summary Take the next step in your career
Join the Business Intelligence Team in the Trade and Industry Development Division at the Ministry of Jobs, Economic Development, and Innovation to take the next step in your career. As the Economist you will work on developing analysis on trends in trade and industry development to support the growth of the B.C. economy.
The Business Intelligence team works on key projects and reports for branches across the ministry as well as for our network of global trade representatives around the world. Come join a collaborative team that supports employees and takes pride in high quality work. Job Requirements:
Education and Experience
Preference may be given to applicants with experience in:
- A degree in Economics, Commerce, Statistics, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated experience in each of the following:
- Pulling, cleaning and analyzing trade statistics using original data from Statistics Canada and B.C. Stats to develop analysis, recommendations and options
- Conducting trade research, analyses (economic, strategic or policy), articulating alternatives, drawing conclusions and providing advice and recommendations to senior decision makers.
- Initiating and maintaining collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Preparing briefing materials, reports, presentations and materials for executive audience
- Design and implementation of statistical analysis and economic modelling projects.
- Preparing Treasury Board and Cabinet submissions.
- A Master's Degree in Economics, or related field.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Jonathan.Menold@gov.bc.ca About this Position:
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and temporary opportunitiesWorking for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or 778-405-3452.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover Letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Policy, Research and Economics