Please note: Applications must be submitted in ONE PDF file (Cover Letter, Resume, Unofficial Transcripts)
EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality, and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, transaction, and advisory services. We strive to help all our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Being part of a dynamic, growing organization offers an exciting career path full of opportunity. EY Advisory Services is a $4 billion global practice with 18,000 professionals. With an overall Advisory market of $150 billion, there's tremendous potential for growth - and we're prepared to tap into that potential. Our Advisory team takes a strategic approach to helping clients improve and sustain their business performance. In today's complex business environment that means understanding the relationship between risk and performance improvement and applying our knowledge to help clients achieve their business objectives.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Our Risk practice, a specialty advisory group within our Advisory Practice, provides comprehensive risk services through a suite of strategic, outsourcing, and industry-focused operational solutions that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their internal audit and risk management functions.
We are currently seeking staff to join our Risk practice, specifically within our Technology Risk team, based in Ottawa in September 2020: Responsibilities
• Establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently delivering quality client services. Monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
• Demonstrating ability to continuously learn, incorporate and apply new knowledge in the work environment. Possessing good business acumen. Remaining current on new developments in Advisory services, in particular Technology Risk trends, capabilities and industry knowledge
• Improving clients' efficiency and effectiveness through the design of their operations, processes, information technology and business functions
• Evaluating and testing IT general controls, application controls and business process controls to support financial statement audits
• Execute service organizational control reporting examinations as well as support IT internal audit projects.
• Executing procedures, performing detailed data analysis, reaching conclusions, documenting results and suggesting ideas for efficiencies
• Taking full responsibility for tasks, including consistent review of own work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality work products, while working under supervisionQualifications
• An undergraduate degree in business, engineering, computer science, information systems, or another related major
• Relevant industry experience is a differentiator
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
• Tech savviness - willingness to learn how to use relevant tools/software's as needed
• Demonstrated project management, teaming, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skill
• Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
• Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
• Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
• Integrity within a professional environment
• Successful candidates must be available to travel as needed within and outside of Canada and work in excess of standard hours when necessary Technology Risk
Our Technology Risk team provides comprehensive information technology-based risk services that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their risk management and internal audit functions. Professionals in this role will evaluate and test IT general controls, application controls, and business process controls to support financial statement audits, execute service organizational control reporting examinations as well as support IT internal audit projects. Additional Qualifications:
• Pursuing or eventual pursuit of the Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISA, CPA designation
How to Apply
To apply, please attach your most recent cover letter, résumé, and unofficial transcripts in one PDF file.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
To apply please visit our Student Careers Page: www.ey.com/ca/apply
1. Please select the appropriate job posting
2. Log In or Register as a New User
3. Complete all required fields on each page
4. Attach your most recent cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in one PDF file
To learn more about EY and our Risk practice, visit us today at http://www.ey.com/ca/en/services/advisory/risk
This posting will officially close on Sunday December 1, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance