Location: Regina, SK
Position: Full-time Term (4 month terms with possible extension)
Posting Closing Date: May 25, 2022
Is this career for you:
Ambitious? Creative? Someone who will advocate for families and is willing to go above and beyond to support those we serve? Do you believe families can succeed when offered the right supports?
Do you want a rewarding role in working with children and families? Are you able to think outside the box? Do you value hard work and commitment to those you serve? Are you are comfortable with flexible work hours and networking with community agencies, then keep reading, as this may be the right career for you.
The Family Treatment Program is a unique, innovative, nationally recognized and awarded program that was created in 2006 to address the need for intensive in-home service provision to families in need of clinical treatment. The program delivers research-based best practices to keep children safe, strengthen families, and reduce the need for placing children into out of home care and to provide services to minimize the time that children are placed away from their families.
The family program is a unique program that takes referrals from across Canada. The program continues to expand because of the national demand for its best practice clinical family centered services.
We are currently seeking to fill one Family Preservation Therapist position to work in our Family Treatment Program. Every family is unique, so our approach is to consider culture, values, and family beliefs in our work. We focus on truly building a therapeutic relationship with families, engagement activities are integral to know the family, and learn about their values, goals and strengths. Working with families in their home environment and supporting their growth and development in their comfort zone, enhances their overall functioning, and provides a safe environment for the children. Must Haves:
- Two years of in-home family work experience
- Masters of Social Work degree, may consider bachelors degree in a related area from a recognized post-secondary institution combined with relevant experience, and a commitment for higher education
- Ability to provide a range of clinical, concrete, and advocacy services to family members - Exceptional individual, family, and group counselling skills.
- Superior relationship development/engagement skills
- Versed in the field of mental health and child welfare
- Strong organizational, verbal, written, consultative skills
- Registered with the Saskatchewan Association of Social Workers or be able to obtain registration with this professional association
In accordance with the agency's Recruitment, Selection and Hiring policy, all new employees are required to be fully vaccinated. If you are the successful candidate you will be required to provide proof of COVID vaccination status.
We offer a competitive salary of $66,109 to $100,891. An abundance of superior clinical training opportunities, amazing supervision/support and great benefits.
If you have any question, please contactPatti Petrucka at 306-751-2913 or firstname.lastname@example.org
and Andrea Rhodes at 306-570-2624 or email@example.com