Company: Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world's largest Caterpillar dealer. We are looking for a dedicated Field Service Technician who will be responsible for the repair, maintenance and, troubleshooting of a variety of Caterpillar general line products, based out of our Finning Tisdale branch.
This position is based on a Monday to Friday, 5x2 rotation. If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented, possess a strong mechanical aptitude and have the desire to work with Caterpillar equipment, then you are exactly who we are looking for!
- Inspect and install customer options on a variety of Caterpillar equipment
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain all heavy duty equipment and/or related equipment in a timely fashion and on customer site
- Respond to customer needs in a positive, supportive, and timely manner to ensure maximum value for work performed
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools
- Various related duties as required .
- Industry related experience required (minimum 2 years)
- Certification and training in a related field would be considered an asset (ex. Automotive, Truck and Transport, Agricultural)
- Mechanical aptitude with experience and knowledge in heavy equipment
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- Understanding of the Caterpillar product line and previous repair experience on the equipment would be considered an asset
- Previous experience with NEP in related fields would be considered an asset
- This position is located at our Finning Tisdale branch on a Monday-Friday, 5x2 shift rotation
- Will be placed into the on-call rotation
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.