Permanent Reference code
: 115483 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Would you like to grow together with our exponentially expanding Financial Engineering and Modeling practice? Are you up to the challenge to help the most sophisticated Canadian and international clients to solve their quantitative and modelling issues? If you answer is Yes, please read the job specification below:What will your typical day look like?
Even the best-managed ventures are vulnerable to external influences-that's where Deloitte's Financial Engineering and Modeling experts step in. As a member of our Financial Advisory team, you'll help financial services industry (FSI) clients face quantitative issues with informed confidence. Using your deep technical skills and leveraging our global network of experts, you'll provide professional advice to FSI in every situation. The result? Our clients will be better placed to take control and receive the best solutions to their complex challenges.
As a Manager you will be responsible for the following:
• Develop and / or validate different quantitative risk and pricing models according to best market practices;
• Manage various risk management and derivative valuation projects for our clients;
• Communicate valuation results to internal and external clients
• Cultivate relationships with clients and possess a strong knowledge in leveraging prevalent methodologies;
• Work collaboratively as part of a local and national team of talented advisors;
• Contribute to practice growth and development.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience spent in relevant industry (Audit/Finance/Investment/Consulting)
• Solid academic background with a PhD or Master Degree in Mathematical Finance, Statistics, Financial Engineering or other relevant post graduate degree;
• FRM, PRM, CFA holder is an asset;
• Advanced knowledge of the derivatives, complex financial instruments and structured products;
• Solid knowledge of quantitative pricing models;
• Knowledge of quantitative methodologies in market risks (e.g.VaR, FRTB, CCR, XVA, etc.) and Economic Capital;
• Experiences in Excel/VBA, Bloomberg, FinCAD and Oracle's CB;
• Solid programming skills (e.g. VBA, MATLAB, etc.) and knowledge of database tools (SQL, SAS, etc.) is an asset;
• Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence;
• Capacity to work under pressure;
• Superior verbal and written communication skills (in English and/or French);
• Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership;
• Canadian travel required, occasional international travel. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments.Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities. The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Engineer, Risk Management, CFA, Equity, Financial, Engineering, Finance
Apply now "
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive