WSP is currently seeking a Fire Protection Code Consultant to join our Vancouver, BC office. Reporting to the Principal of Fire Protection Engineering, you will use your in-depth knowledge of BC, Canadian and International building and fire codes to assist clients and engineering staff to ensure project meet regulatory requirements for fire and life safety. With an education and background in fire protection engineering you will help develop alternative compliance measures related to the application of passive and active fire protection systems, components, and materials. In a client facing role, you will represent the organization as a leader in fire protection engineering and code consulting. As a leader, you will be responsible for training others, developing business, and ensuring the highest standards of fire protection engineering are adhered to in the work produced. A day in the life:
A day in the life would include the following types of functions:
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Provide guidance and direction to Fire Protection Engineering staff to ensure operational and project delivery excellence
- Contribute to performance appraisal and mentoring of assigned staff
- Provide detailed innovative and strategic contribution to concept and detail design of projects
- Be active in representing the company through target industry organizations, acting as a recognized technical and thought leader
- Analyse buildings and systems, drawings and specifications and prepare approaches to code compliance for new and renovation projects
- Working with other professionals, you will deliver successful projects within exceptional quality, on-budget and on-schedule results
- 10 or more years of experience as a Code Consultant/Fire Protection Engineer, preferably in a consulting environment
- A degree in Engineering or Applied Science. Preferably an advanced Degree in Fire Protection Engineering.
- A valid P. Eng. license registered with EGBC.
- Previous experience in the design of fire suppression systems, fire pumps and water supplies for firefighting in commercial, healthcare, industrial and education projects
- A proven track record of experience in interfacing with municipal, provincial, and federal agencies, and the private sector
- Demonstrated ability to address challenging or turn-around situations in response to challenging priorities in the market
- Seen as a leader with a highly positive credibility factor
- Excellent technical, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Management and Executive