West-Can Seal Coating Inc. (West-Can) is a privately owned road infrastructure company specializing in pavement preservation and roadway construction across Western Canada. With headquarters in Didsbury, Alberta, we have been in business for 32 years.
West-Can is seeking qualified candidates to join our team for the upcoming season.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
· Set-up and take down traffic control signs and devices
· Control the flow of traffic through construction zone
· Pilot vehicles safely through construction zone
· Preserve roadway markings
· Keep a log of all daily tasks and signing
· Notify supervisors of unsafe or changing scenarios
· Ability to communicate with general public
· Ability to work extended hours (up to 16 hours per shift)
· Willingness to travel and spend extended time away from home
· Ability to lift 35 pounds
· Class 5 or greater driver’s license
· First-Aid & CPR Certificate an asset
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
A successful candidate shall be a hard working individual who possesses a strong awareness of workplace safety. Candidates must possess the ability to work within a team or independently. Previous experience is an asset, but not required.