NOTE: we are hiring for this position in SEATTLE, New YORK, and Vancouver.
Excited about the future of brand-centric advertising and shopping on Amazon? Want to bring the best, emerging, and trending brands to customers, while driving strong value to brands as well as shoppers?
The Amazon Stores product is becoming increasingly important and is at a strategic intersection between advertising and retail. We provide a compelling destination for brand advertising campaigns, and also enable stores to be organically discovered through the Amazon shopping journey. We empower brands to tell their story to prospective customers, to develop a direct relationship with the customer, while having end-to-end control over how they position themselves in terms of content and product selection. We operate sophisticated front-end, API and big data technologies across all of Amazon, and we partner with teams across Amazon retail, advertisement, marketplace and core shopping. Millions of shoppers enjoy and interact with our products. Our small team is a startup-minded, energetic and passionate group of engineers and PMs who care deeply about building amazing products that shoppers as well as brands love. We are lean, curious about new technologies, collaborative, agile, and very customer-centric.
As a Software engineer you would design business critical systems, write high quality code and mentor other junior engineers. You should have owned, designed and delivered multiple products. You have deep knowledge of Java/C++, Object-oriented Design, Service Oriented Architecture and you are passionate about building scalable solutions and distributed systems.
The ideal candidate will have a willingness to challenge the status quo and raise the bar on every service and feature we build. We are passionate about building scalable, well-designed software services, and strive to constantly improve our technical foundation and user experience. You'll have a direct, visible impact on your customers and will improve the Amazon advertiser and shopper experience.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 5+ years of industry experience in software development
- Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile processes and working methodology.
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Unix environments (i.e. Redhat, Ubuntu, Darwin, etc)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming