At EVRAZ, our strength starts with our people! As a team we collaborate to solve problems, contribute ideas and challenge each other to ensure growth and ultimately success for the business and our employees. Job Description and Responsibilities
EVRAZ is seeking a General Foreman for our Regina facility. This is a key leadership role that requires a strong leader with a track record for building successful teams. The primary responsibilities of this role will be accountability for the steel making primary operations facility and ensuring that they are producing excellent results in the areas of safety, quality and productivity. This role will also provide technical expertise on improvement initiatives that relate to steel making. This role will report to the Manager, Maintenance Steel Operations.
- Leverage people and resources to meet production deadlines and requirements
- Ensure departmental metrics are met on a day to day basis (safety, quality, productivity, values and cost)
- Produce a weekly manpower schedule and administer the vacation planner spreadsheet based on business needs
- Manage budgets (consumables, tooling, overtime, head count, etc.)
- Oversee workforce compliance to all safety guidelines, complete risk assessments and provide input on safety program policies and procedures as required
- Actively participate in the operational health and safety plant steering committee
- Manage the production quality assurance program and ensure API compliance
- Responsible to ensure equipment is maintained, collaborate with maintenance to identify potential failures and maintain the preventative maintenances program
- Build and execute a production and shipping plan based on customer needs while ensuring customer's needs are consistently met with the goal of 100% on time first deliveries.
- Build strong teams that are effective problem solvers
- Responsible to provide supervisory support, including coaching and mentoring subordinates and overall workforce teams to establish a culture of mutual respect while maintaining discipline
- Authorize payroll payments via the Kronos system
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory/leadership experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Electrical Engineer or Electrical technician with 8-10 years of experience
- Self-starter with excellent problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead by example
- Able to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Must be a good motivator with a demonstrated ability to accomplish work through others
Our total compensation package includes amazing benefits!
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted. Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations and statutory holidays
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
EVRAZ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EVRAZ North America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com
or call: (312) 533-3577. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Join a team that manufactures excellence, drives success and builds careers!