Position Title Head Coach, Baseball Posting Number 01887SA Location See Work Arrangements Grade or Pay Level See Salary Range Salary Range TBD Position Type Contract Employment Posting Type External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Contract Employment Start Date 06/30/2023 End Date Day of the Week Other - Other - Week days, evenings, weekends, etc as required. Shift Flexible work schedule Work Arrangements
This contract position is available from the date of hire to June 30, 2024 with possibility of yearly renewal. A commitment to being able to work evenings and weekends and travel to and work at multiple locations, including off campus sites throughout the lower mainland, and legally travel to the U.S. is required.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Baseball Head Coach will have the proven experience to develop a high performance baseball program coupled with an understanding of a student-centered approach focusing on the development of the whole student. (High academic achievement, leadership development, community service and culture development.)Responsibilities
1. Develop, and manage a sustainable Pay-to-Play self funded financial model and business plan;
2. Recruit, develop and mentor student-athletes with high athletic skills and great character;
3. Develop perennial conference contenders;
4. Create a community of loyal supporters and partners eager to contribute to developing a top-of-class team;
5. Provide coaching leadership in the ongoing development and improvement of the student-athletes, coaching staff and the overall program.
6. Fully embrace the Royals culture
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
1. Coaching experience at the post-secondary level i.e. college, university or equivalent level.
2. A demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and inspire student-athletes;
3. Good understanding of the NWAC conference, league, rules and expectations;
4. Success at Provincial or National Championships is an asset;
5. A Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred, and or equivalent experience
6. NCCP - Competition Regional Coach Certified required, Provincial Coach Trained
or Certified is an asset;
7. NCCP Make Ethical Decision training is an asset
8. Experience in recruiting student-athletes within a post-secondary environment;
9. Strong communication, motivational, and organizational skills;
10. Strong knowledge of sport specific training, tactics and technical skills development;
11. Ability to articulate and implement goals in the development of the program;
12. Ability to coach during evenings and attend competitions (home & away) on weekends, and travel to the U.S.;
13. Ability to attend coaches' meetings and related athletic department special events;
14. Demonstrated ability to initiate, organize and lead team specific fundraising activities an asset;
15. A positive attitude in the midst of a busy and challenging atmosphere is essential;
16. Ability to work in a team environment;
17. Strong commitment to upholding the values and mission of Douglas College as outlined in the 2020-2025 Strategic Plan;
18. Class IV BC Driver's License is an asset
Link to Full Position Profile Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 06/08/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online on the Douglas College Career Site [www.douglascollegecareers.ca]. Qualified internal applicants shall be given first consideration in filling the position. This position will remain open until filled with a first review date of June 16th. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. All candidates selected for interview will need to bring original certificates and diplomas of educational credentials noted on their resume.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/10887