Healthcare and Professional Specialist - Saskatoon
Reference ID: 534246417
Requisition ID: 59914
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Healthcare and Professional Specialist is part of a national team responsible for leveraging their expertise for the profitable growth of new high value customers, healthcare and professional customers. He/she acquires new healthcare and professional customer relationships through involvement in industry events and relationships with local Professionals, COI's serving the segment, Scotiabank Partners and Professional Associations with a footprint in the local market, while retaining and expanding existing ones, as well as from Retail and other internal partners. He/she is responsible for meeting assigned targets, which include asset, deposit and revenue growth and business development activities, retention and referral goals as well as other objectives related to customer service, operational effectiveness and personal development.
• Manage and grow a business banking portfolio of existing and new high value healthcare and professional customers, Centers of Influence and professional associations with the purpose of achieving significant growth, retention and other targets while meeting the Bank's Service Standards by:
o developing and maintaining knowledge of assigned healthcare and professional customers including the nature and progress of their business, their financial position, and the terms and conditions of financial services used
o providing specialized healthcare and professional customers expertise and business/finance advice which increases the business owner's ability to succeed in their business
o developing and maintaining business relationships with Centres of Influence (COI) including influential customers, internal and external referral sources
o responding to requests for service, instructing and guiding customers in service use and confirming their satisfaction with the service
o taking steps to recover customer relationships, when required
• Acquire new healthcare and professional business owner relationships and expand existing ones to achieve, or assist partners in achieving, sales and other goals by:
o planning and completing relationship building activities which create sales opportunities and/or provide value to customers, developing and maintaining an awareness of events, trends and practices in the healthcare and professionals markets
o identifying prospects using multiple channels including asking for referrals from existing customers, collaboration with Scotiabank partners and COIs, developing a network of community business contacts and participating in marketing/educational seminars
o discovering business and personal banking needs/preferences on both sides of the customer's balance sheet
o proactively collaborating with Branch Managers and Wealth Management Consultants to ensure a Total Solutions approach (business and personal lending, payments and investments), is provided to each new and existing healthcare and professional customer
o assisting and advising Scotiabank partners (Branch Managers, SBAs and FAs) in marketing, structuring and closing certain healthcare and professional deals with existing Branch customers
o responding to requests for business banking solutions by collecting relevant information, processing the requests, and conducting due diligence as applicable
o negotiating compensation for financial products and services, as applicable and in accordance with Bank policy
o informing the customer of what to expect and when the service is set up for their use, providing necessary set up instructions where appropriate, and ensuring the set up occurs according to plan
• Manage an assigned credit portfolio at an acceptable level of risk by:
o working closely with the SPP Solutions Managers/ACE when processing deals
o leveraging experience & consulting with Regional SPP Specialists, as required
o completing credit reviews in a timely and sufficiently detailed fashion
o authorizing, renewing or declining customer requests within standard Bank policies and authorized limits, forwarding others as per established processes
o preparing and/or ensuring all documentation is properly completed
o ensuring accounts adhere to the conditions of authorization
o identifying and resolving deviations from the conditions of authorization
o identifying deteriorating and/or unsatisfactory trends affecting the loan portfolio, seizing opportunities to reduce risk and loss
• Contribute to Specialty Business Banking's overall financial and non-financial objectives by:
o developing an understanding of the branch financial and non-financial goals and how to contribute to them
o negotiating aggressive yet achievable financial and non-financial goals
o participating in team meetings, skill-building sessions and one-on-one coaching sessions
o adhering strictly to Bank and Branch security procedures and assigned authorities and responsibilities, and reporting any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activity to your supervisor as soon as you become aware of it.
o adhering to and ensuring compliance with regulatory activities and guidelines including Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing, FCAD, Know Your Customer, CDIC, Occupational Health & Safety
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
• Expert knowledge of the features and benefits of Small Business products and services, selling approach, selling tools and calculators
• Expert knowledge of the specialist's marketplace, proven expertise in the healthcare and professional segment within that marketplace
• Expert knowledge of the applicable software and technology platforms for Small Business including the supporting systems such as the ACE and GRM, Sales Builder, Intralink etc.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable risk management policies and processes
• Thorough knowledge of legal and security documentation for small business products
• Thorough and proven knowledge of interviewing, solicitation, marketing and business development techniques
• Thorough knowledge of applicable branch procedures, processes and workflows
• Thorough knowledge of small business legal structures, life cycles and owner characteristics
• Thorough knowledge of business financial statements, especially the healthcare and professional segments
• Working knowledge of the features and benefits of retail products and services
• Working knowledge of other business line/partner offerings (ie. Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, MD Financial, Enterprise Solutions)
• Working knowledge of competitor offerings and alternate sources of financing
• Working knowledge of economic conditions and political events affecting businesses, especially in the professional/ healthcare segment
• The ability to build and maintain key relationships is essential, along with the ability to influence and persuade others. The incumbent must possess tactical planning, implementation and organization skills. A high degree of flexibility is required to adapt to a wide variety of tasks and functions.
• Basic university/college courses in accounting, finance, business law, and economics, or equivalent work experience
Location(s): Canada : Saskatchewan : Saskatoon
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Job Segment: Medical, Bank, Banking, Law, Business Development, Healthcare, Finance, Legal, Sales
Posted: April 13, 2019
Closes: June 12, 2019