Company: Finning Canada
Posting End Date: Dec 18, 2019Number of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world's largest Caterpillar dealer. We are currently looking for a dedicated dual ticketed Heavy Duty Mechanic/Electrician who will be responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of Caterpillar products, based out of our Finning Regina branch.
This position will be based on a Monday to Friday, 5x2 rotation. If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented and possess a valid driver's license, then you are exactly who we are looking for!
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar equipment and other brands as required, with a specific emphasis on the electrical aspects of power generation equipment
- Perform field diagnosis and field running repairs as required
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Leadhand on various tasks as required
- Interprovincial Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification, or having an apprenticeship towards being an HET underway
- Interprovincial Electrician Certification, or having an apprenticeship towards being an Electrician underway
- Valid driver's license with a successful recent drivers abstract
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- Completion of Caterpillar product specific courses would be considered an asset
- Power systems gas engine and power generation experience would be considered an asset
- This position is located out of our Finning Saskatoon branch on a Monday-Friday, 5x2 shift rotation
- Shift work may be required
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.