Company: Number of Openings:
Did you know that Finning is the worlds largest Cat dealer? Would you like to work for an industry leading dealer for the largest equipment manufacturer in the world? Here at Finning, we service what we sell; from the smallest to the largest machines in the world and we need technicians to help maintain and repair our customers fleets.
We're looking for qualified heavy-duty mechanics to assemble, maintain, repair, and rebuild some of the largest heavy equipment in the world, all with safety in mind.
As the world's largest Cat dealer, we take pride in the quality of our work and provide a safe, professional work environment for our people. Safety is not just a culture; it is a founding principal of our business. From trucks with 100,000 running hours to trucks that can run themselves, there is no shortage of opportunity to build a career with Finning. All while getting great pay, a comprehensive benefits package, and training to help develop your skills.
If you're an experienced Heavy Equipment Technician, or apprentice, who's self-motivated to learn, can work alone and be a team player, detail-oriented, safety conscious, excels at troubleshooting and repairing heavy equipment with pride, then you're exactly what we're looking for.
Non-certified, experienced Technicians are also encouraged to apply and would be considered. Finning will support your development and training to attain your off-highway certification. This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your skills and advance in the trade.
We're looking to immediately hire technicians to support Shop work, Customer fleet repairs, full rebuilds and new builds throughout the province of Saskatchewan. These are fulltime permanent positions based on a 7x7 12-hour continuous shift rotations. Day shift only.Job Description:
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain equipment
- Component replacements
- Large scale overhauls and rebuilds
- Perform field diagnosis and field running repairs
- Interface with customers, product, and sales support
- Working with supervisors on various tasks
- Equipment and facility continuous improvements
- Providing support with reference to on-site safety requirements
- Maintain Finning Customer Service Commitment
- Various related duties as required
- Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician Certification (is an asset)
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Heavy Duty Technician
- 3rd/4th year apprentices may be considered based on experience
- Valid driver's license with a successful recent driver abstract required for Field based positions
Additional skills considered an asset:
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Computer skills, including experience with Microsoft office is essential
- Dedication to safety
- Strong field troubleshooting skills on the Caterpillar mining product line required for field based positions
- Understanding of the Caterpillar product line
- Engine and/or component rebuilding experience
- Transmission or Hydraulic testing
- Large off-highway Caterpillar mining equipment experience
- Experience with DBS/BMTS, SIS (Service Information System) and warranty systems
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls or Tier 4 training
- $28.00 - $44.00 per hour (based on qualifications and experience
- $3.50 continuous shift premium
- Short Term Incentive Plan
- Boot & Tool Allowance
- Employer matched Share purchase plan
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.