Location: Regina, SK
Position: Part-time Permanent
Posting Closing Date: April 27, 2022
The House Parent focuses on providing a nurturing, comforting, and safe environment within the group living setting. The House Parent maintains the household standards for cleanliness, nutrition, and the effective use of the household budget. The House Parent is integral in providing the environment that allows vulnerable persons with complex needs, behavioural issues, developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, and/or other related issues to feel safe, calm, and cared for. Education and Professional Certification
- Completion of a high school diploma.
- Senior matriculation with specialized courses in food handling, cooking, or communication classes is an asset.
Skills and Characteristics
- One (1) year of experience cooking for large groups (i.e. in a family setting).
- Experience working with children, youth, and/or adults with behavioural, cognitive, mental health, and/or developmental challenges is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities Services
- Strong cooking and baking skills.
- Knowledge of the Canada Food Guide.
- Understands individualized meal planning for specialized dietary requirements.
- Understands budget and allocation of resources.
- Ability to clean and maintain a household.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work alone.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form genuine relationships.
- Emotional competence and self awareness.
- Ability to display empathy, patience, and understanding in day-to-day interactions.
- Accepting approach towards children, youth, and adults with diverse needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Open to continuous education and learning and development opportunities.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Prepare and implement monthly meal plans.
- Prepare nutritious, quality, home cooked meals, snacks, and baking for the participants. Provide guidance and assist in preparation of all regular meals and meals for special occasions when required.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and housekeeping.
- Provide care and support to vulnerable persons with complex needs, behavioural issues, developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, and/or other related issues.
- Provide support in the teaching of life skills such as self care, cooking, cleaning, budgeting, and positive interactions.
- Complete reports and documentation clearly, accurately, in a timely manner, and within agency standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Management of Resources
- As the consistent staff during morning routines, provide guidance and feedback to the team and unit manager.
- Display positive role modelling, agency values, and fairness.
- Provide guidance to team members in the areas of housekeeping, seasonal decorating, and meal preparation.
- Prepare and reconcile a monthly food and supplies budget.
- Submit receipts and reconcile expenses for unit manager approved expenditures.
- Ensure vehicle log is completed accurately when agency vehicle is used.
- Within budget, plan for and purchase nutritious, quality, and non- pre-packaged food items.
- Plan for and purchase household supplies and hygiene supplies.
- Ensure the home is maintained daily at the minimum standard of cleanliness.
- Maintain, promote, and reinforce safe work habits, practices, and procedures.
- Adhere to written or verbal agency and government regulations, policies, practices, and instructions.
The incumbent is responsible for completing all mandatory training requirements for the position as per agency policy and guidelines.
Employees must hold a class five (5) novice two (2) or higher drivers license and be eligible for coverage under our commercial auto insurance policy.
In accordance with the agency's Recruitment, Selection and Hiring policy, all new employees are required to be fully vaccinated. If you are the successful candidate you will be required to provide proof of COVID vaccination status.
Wage range for this position is $18.54 to $23.97 per hour . If you have any question, please contact Deacan Skinner at306-751-5667 or email@example.com