Location: Regina, SK Position: Full-time Term (3 months) Posting Closing Date: November 2, 2021
Ranch Ehrlo's group living program Woodward House is seeking to fill one full-time term Housemother/father position.
The Housemom/Housedad focuses on providing a nurturing, comforting, and safe environment within the residential setting. The Housemom/Housedad maintains the household standards for cleanliness, nutrition, and the effective use of the household budget. The Housemom/Housedad is integral in providing the environment that allows vulnerable persons with complex needs, behavioural issues, developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, and/or other related issues to feel safe, calm, and cared for. Education and Professional Certification
- Completion of a high school diploma.
- Senior matriculation with specialized courses in food handling, cooking, or communication classes is an asset.
Skills and Characteristics
- One (1) year of experience cooking for large groups (i.e. in a family setting).
- Experience working with children, youth, and/or adults with behavioural, cognitive, mental health, and/or developmental challenges is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities Services
- Strong cooking and baking skills.
- Knowledge of the Canada Food Guide.
- Understands individualized meal planning for specialized dietary requirements.
- Understands budget and allocation of resources.
- Ability to clean and maintain a household.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work alone.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form genuine relationships.
- Emotional competence and self awareness.
- Ability to display empathy, patience, and understanding in day-to-day interactions.
- Accepting approach towards children, youth, and adults with diverse needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Open to continuous education and learning and development opportunities.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Prepare and implement monthly meal plans.
- Prepare nutritious, quality, home cooked meals, snacks, and baking for the participants. Provide guidance and assist in preparation of all regular meals and meals for special occasions when required.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and housekeeping.
- Provide care and support to vulnerable persons with complex needs, behavioural issues, developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, and/or other related issues.
- Provide support in the teaching of life skills such as self care, cooking, cleaning, budgeting, and positive interactions.
- Complete reports and documentation clearly, accurately, in a timely manner, and within agency standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Management of Resources
- As the consistent staff during morning routines, provide guidance and feedback to the team and unit manager.
- Display positive role modelling, agency values, and fairness.
- Provide guidance to team members in the areas of housekeeping, seasonal decorating, and meal preparation.
- Prepare and reconcile a monthly food and supplies budget.
- Submit receipts and reconcile expenses for unit manager approved expenditures.
- Ensure vehicle log is completed accurately when agency vehicle is used.
- Within budget, plan for and purchase nutritious, quality, and non- pre-packaged food items.
- Plan for and purchase household supplies and hygiene supplies.
- Ensure the home is maintained daily at the minimum standard of cleanliness.
- Maintain, promote, and reinforce safe work habits, practices, and procedures.
- Adhere to written or verbal agency and government regulations, policies, practices, and instructions.
The incumbent is responsible for completing all mandatory training requirements for the position as per agency policy and guidelines.
Employees must hold a class five (5) novice two (2) or higher drivers license and be eligible for coverage under our commercial auto insurance policy.
Wage range for this position is $18.54 to $23.97 per hour dependent on education and experience. If you have any question, please contact Laura Logan @3 06-751-2713.
Successful candidates will be required to declare they have received full Covid vaccinations or provide weekly negative Covid test results .