Are you looking for friendly, supportive staff, work life balance and affordable living this may be just the opportunity that will take your career to a new level.
Within the context of a client and family centered care model, and in accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the HR Coordinator, CCM, is responsible for problem solving and leading the coordination and completion of personnel onboarding, scheduling and off boarding initiatives related to COVID-19 Case and Contact Management work within Northern Health. Under the direction of the Regional Manager, CCM, the incumbent will work with their team, and in collaboration with Staffing Services, HR, Finance, IT and Case and Contact Management Structure coordinators, to onboard, schedule and off board personnel engaged in COVID-19 case and contact management. The Coordinator will resolve pandemic related operational issues in adherence with guidelines provided and will serve as a principle point of contact with case and contact management personnel and, if redeployed, their leadership.
The Coordinator assists with planning, implementation, monitoring of outcomes and will work closely with and provide reports to the Staff Manager, CCM, PPH Regional Managers, Medical Health Officer (MHO), and VP Population & Public Health Liaises with Disability Management Advisors on all administrative aspects of the return to work plans implementation, where applicable. Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 16:00
This positon is flexible to any community within the Northern Health region. Explore our wonderful northern communities. What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government Qualifications
• Diploma in Human Resources, Business, Health Administration or a relevant discipline;
• Three (3) to five (5) years' experience including project coordination and human resources experience in a unionized healthcare environment;
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to demonstrate a strong customer service orientation and ability to understand and translate customer needs.
• Ability to use effective interpersonal skills to establish and maintain respectful relationships with staff and internal customers.
• Exceptional communication skills with the ability to lead and positively influence others.
• Ability to balance and adapt to changing priorities and workload pressures.
• Knowledge of process improvement tools and techniques.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.