PURPOSE OF JOB
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) is accountable to aggressively drive sales achievement by developing new opportunities through customer referrals generated from inbound video calls & web based lead form submissions. The ISR will provide relationship management and holistic print and business services solutions to a portfolio of business customers by showcasing the Copy & Print value proposition and demonstrating the range of products and services offered by Staples Copy & Print. The ISR responds to inbound Video Calls generated via in-store Kiosks/Online and through referrals from AM/BDM/SBDM's.The ISR supports growth of sales and profitability of retail store Copy & Print Centres by creating trust in our ability to deliver hassle-free, high quality products and services that meet the needs of business clients. Beyond customer consultation, the ISR will coordinate supplier sourcing activities, present proposals to clients by phone/email, close sales opportunities by coordinating payment of orders, manage orders through Preflight and route orders to our Supplier base.PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsive Sales and Service (85% of time spent)
•Receive inbound calls via the Video Agent channel & lead referrals from Account Managers, Business Development Managers and Senior Business Development Managers that originate in retail copy & print centres Planning (10% of time spent)
•Conduct outbound calls to Staples Customers to follow up lead referrals assigned as inside sales opportunities
•Determine needs, identify opportunities, and communicate next steps to customers
•Assess Design Requirements, manage requests for quotation to our design partner, present proposals to customers, and manage the approval process with customers
•Coordinate custom print sourcing with a dedicated Buying Team and prepare proposals for customers
•Present proposals, applying business development and relationship management sales and service principles, practices and techniques to support the achievement of personal financial objectives.
•Manage customer art through Preflight process, working with our Design partner.
•Manage payment process, converting opportunities to sales that are tendered at POS in stores throughout Canada
•Ensure orders & associated art files are appropriate directed to a Project Coordinator for order management and receiving
•Engage customers in a timely and effective manner to resolve all business continuity issues. Understand the problem and coordinate with Design/Suppliers to get the job done
•Adhere to all standards of care (SOC)
•Develop, implement, review and revise a 3-12 month rolling plan focusing on identifying client needs and opportunities that will result in meeting or exceeding financial and non financial targets Admin (5% of time)
•Review and monitor sales, revenue and service performance against plan, identify gaps and share best practices
•Contribute to business plans regarding new business opportunities, increased profitability, and portfolio growth potential based on research of local marketplace
•Tracking and reporting on sales and service activities and outcomes Policy/Procedure
•Participate in department meetings as required
•Has a complete understanding of company policies and procedures related to their position, as outlined in the training checklist. KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
•Ensures the general cleanliness of workstation, according to company standards is maintained.
•Promotes and maintains a safe working environment and follows all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
• Relationship Management & service skills PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with good presentation skills
• Listens and understands information, presents information in a clear manner, uses standard trade terms and work-related terminology
• Intermediate or better Math skills (multiplication, division, and percentages)
• Experience sourcing relevant data and problem solving
• Reading lengthy and complex texts to extract and interpret information.
• Plans and organizes own activities.
• Makes decisions using explicit guidelines and procedures.
• Identifies and solves basic problems using readily available information.
• Is computer literate with the ability to use a limited number of software programs
• Will be required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This would include working evenings and weekends as scheduled by immediate manager RECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONS
• This position is based in a contact centre environment and requires lengthy durations of sitting and interacting with a computer workstation.
• Has ideally had prior experience in a sales/account management role (1-2 years)
• Business acumen: Must be able to "talk shop" with business people
• Strong business acumen by virtue of prior experiences. Ideally has had prior selling and service experience with small business customers
• High School diploma or equivalent
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants' needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Sales and Marketing