Out of the fires that forged Strawhouse - Canada's fastest-growing Startup of 2017 - comes Uncoil, a SaaS company that is taking the confusion out of 'How to eCommerce'.
Uncoil leverages powerful machine learning and real-time data pipelines to turn disparate data sources into predictive, actionable insights and strategies for eComm brands.
Uncoil's culture encourages everyone to be themselves. Our strength comes from diverse ideas and perspectives. Being a results-oriented workplace, we care more about thoughtful outcomes than how to get there.
As a remote first company, we value proactive communication and clear expectations, as we know those elements are key to our continued success.The Opportunity
You will be a key member of the development team, helping to build and improve the powerful backend to our customer-facing products.
You'll be focusing on building and improving our REST API and event-based systems as well as building out complex data extraction to ingest 3rd party data into our Data Engineering pipeline. From designing, to building, to maintaining and to deploying, you'll be responsible for each step of the development lifecycle.
You'll be an integral role helping to improve and optimize our processes and Cloud-based infrastructure, helping to grow and evolve our footprint as we improve the stability and performance of our most important technologies.The Role
Experience, Qualifications, Requirements
- Design, build, maintain and deploy our REST API and event-based services
- Design, build, maintain and deploy 3rd party data extraction for our data pipeline
- Design, build, maintain our Kubernetes clusters (GKE) on Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Monitor, improve and scale our systems and infrastructure for stability and performance
How to Apply
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer in a collaborative team environment
- Strong experience of design, development, testing and scaling modern SaaS technology
- Strong experience with relational database design using MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience with Git and development workflows like Git Flow
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies and peer code reviews
- Familiarity with building and deploying systems using Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with managing and building infrastructure Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with building event-based services using Kafka or Pub/Sub
- Familiarity with testing and deploying services using Continuous Integration
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- A strong interest in learning about and understanding eCommerce and marketing
- A passion for software development and willingness to learn new technologies and skills
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive to push the team and product forward
Please apply directly via BambooHR website: http://strawhouse.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=48
Software and Programming