ISL 27R - Senior Privacy Analyst***AMENDED QUESTIONNAIRE*** Position Classification
Information Systems R27 Union
Multiple Locations, BC CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$75,552.53 - $86,175.83 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment Close Date
3/21/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Education and Child Care Ministry Branch / Division
DSSB / Services & Technology Job Summary Bring your in-depth knowledge and experience with IT change control to this unique opportunity
The Digital Strategies & Services Branch (DSSB) provides a range of information technology and information management services for the Ministry. The Branch works closely with the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and the Corporate Information & Records Management Office (CIRMO) to ensure that ministry plans, and initiatives are aligned with the government's overall technology and privacy protection direction and standards. Services provided include the IT Helpdesk, advice and support on protecting and optimizing the ministry's information technology assets, and services and strategies relating to infrastructure and applications, workstations and devices, enterprise architecture, and business analysis. The Branch also has touchpoints with the K-12 NGN Network and Network Security services which provide secure internet access to digital resources which enable the educational development of more than 560,000 students across 60 school districts and more than 1,600 public schools and facilities in British Columbia. The Branch's Privacy Team provides information privacy guidance to all Ministry of Education and Child Care programs that service the BC education sector, including K-12 and Independent Schools, as well as the programs, systems and services that are integrated in the delivery of the ChildCareBC Program.
Responsible for the planning, analysis, development and coordination of Ministry-specific policies and procedures in response to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA); developing and promoting current and proposed programs and services to support compliance with the legislation and with the BC Government's Corporate Information and Records Management Office (CIRMO), Privacy Management and Accountability Policy (PMAP); guiding the development of existing and new information systems and initiatives to ensure compliance with FOIPPA; overseeing the review of, and providing direction on, complex, sensitive privacy breaches; providing policy and procedure interpretation to Ministry employees.Job Requirements:
*RELATED EXPERIENCE MUST INCLUDE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Completion of a related university degree (Information Management, Information Technology, Public Policy or Administration, Business Administration, Law, or other related field) and minimum two years' related experience*.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Preference may be given to applicants that have:
- Conducting privacy risk assessments from a business and technological standpoint.
- Interpreting and applying legislation relating to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
- Relating business requirements to privacy legislation or policies.
- Conducting research and/or developing and implementing policies, processes and tools in a regulatory environment.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with senior level officials/professionals and a wide range of clients and stakeholders.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, information management and/or information technology standards, procedures, and policies.
- Experience with BC's Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA) and related regulations, policy and procedures.
- Certification as a privacy professional (e.g.: IAPP: CIPP/C, CIPP/T; CIAPP) and/or other relevant training/certification.
- Experience facilitating change management and leading the implementation of progressive policy and practice.
- Privacy compliance experience in the child-care, early education and/or the K-12 sector
For questions regarding this position, please contact John.Chow@gov.bc.ca About this Position:
This is for a permanent full time opportunity in Victoria.
Remote work is allowed. This position can work up to full time from their home in British Columbia as per the Telework Agreement. The locations listed above are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity and are not a complete list of locations.
An eligibility list may be established for further permanent and/or temporary vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or 778-405-3452.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.
CRC - A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive