Location: Regina, SK
Position: Full-time Permanent
Posting Closing Date: May 29, 2022
The IT Project Manager is responsible for planning and overseeing IT projects for the agency to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget. The IT project Manager will plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed the entire way. This is all done within the confines of the agency's goals and vision.Education and Professional Certification
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related Bachelor's degree.
- Certification in PMP, CAPM, CSM, CompTIA Project +, CCMP, CMS, CPCM, Prosci Change Management is an asset.
Skills and Characteristics
- Minimum six (6) to nine (9) years of IT management with project management experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods.
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing rising talent in the technology department.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others.
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department teams.
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality.
- Managerial experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles.
- Lead a cross functional engagement to analyze, plan and develop requirements and standards in reference to scheduled projects.
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all subordinates are actively working toward established milestones.
- Hold regular project meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects.
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives.
- Research and evaluate hardware and software technology options and weigh the cost/benefit analysis when making large purchases on behalf of the company.
- Mentor employees across the Agency on project management best practices.
- Assist in the training and mentoring of less experienced personnel.
- Build relationships with stakeholders, understand and gather business requirements, analyze the benefits of the proposed solution, and dissect project briefs.
- Plan, develop, review, and manage project activities, timelines, and resources.
- Consult with end-users and senior leadership to define business requirements.
- Collaborate with and communicate to stakeholders when required.
Management of Resources
- Research emerging technologies that will reduce costs and improve system efficiencies and flexibility.
- Provide input into the operational budget.
- Participate in the development of the yearly operating plan and capital plans.
- Responsible for timely resource projections and expense reconciliations.
- Lead a project team providing the necessary direction, knowledge, and support for the project team to work together as a cohesive unit to achieve the desired objective of an IT project on time and within budget with customer satisfaction in mind.
- Maintain, promote, and reinforce safe work habits, practices, and procedures.
- Adhere to written or verbal agency and government regulations, policies, practices, and instructions.
Employees must hold a class five (5) novice two (2) or higher drivers license and be eligible for coverage under our commercial auto insurance policy.
In accordance with the agency's Recruitment, Selection and Hiring policy, all new employees are required to be fully vaccinated. If you are the successful candidate you will be required to provide proof of COVID vaccination status.
Salary range for this position is $89,719.53 to $121,385.25. If you have anyquestions, please contact Dean Boutin at 306-781-1872 or email@example.com
Information Technology Management and Executive