Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world's largest Caterpillar dealer. We are currently looking for dedicated Heavy Duty Mechanic who will be responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of Caterpillar products in support of our Regina General Line facility in Regina, SK.
This position is based on a Monday to Friday, 5x2 rotation. If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented and possess your Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification with a valid driver's license, then you are exactly who we are looking for!Job Description:
Major Job Functions:
- Using the technical expertise in this role to inspect parts for re-usability, dismantle equipment, repair or rebuild components, attachments, etc., based on anticipated potential market demand
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar equipment
- Perform equipment diagnosis and equipment rebuilds
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Leadhand on various tasks as required
Specific Skills & Experience
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification
- Valid driver's license with a successful recent driver abstract
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- Completion of Caterpillar product courses would be considered an asset
- Understanding of the Caterpillar product line will be considered an asset
- An entrepreneurial business spirit to work with the mgmt. & sales team to identify and priorities work that will lead to greater sales and/or profit is an asset in this role
Please note that 3rd/4th year Apprentice Mechanics will also be considered for this posting.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.