Position Summary JANITOR (FLOAT) Job ID: 4081 SHORT-TERM (APPROXIMATELY 1 YEAR)/FULL-TIME Location: LOWER MAINLAND DIRECTLY MANAGED, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** JANITOR (FLOAT): POSITION SUMMARY
Performs a variety of cleaning duties within assigned Commission buildings. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION&EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Secondary School graduation preferable supplemented by a vocational school course in janitorial services AND
- A minimum of one year directly related janitorial experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Performs cleaning duties within assigned buildings including vacant dwellings:
- Mops, washes, waxes and polishes floors and vacuums carpets; cleans carpets (except on move
- outs), walls, doors, furniture, smoke alarms and dusts and sweeps areas;
- Moves Commission and tenant furniture and/or effects within a development;
- Maintains cleanliness of assigned outside areas and picks up litter and removes garbage,
- maintains integrity and compliance of recycling programs;
- Clears snow from doorways and walkways and applies ice melt product when required;
- Operates cleaning janitorial equipment and uses associated tools and cleaning materials;
- Washes windows inside and outside where accessible;
- Required to utilize tact and diplomacy and refers tenants to other staff where appropriate. Insome occasions may be required to exercise interpersonal and conflict resolution skills when dealing with the resident population.
2. Other related duties
- Changes light bulbs in buildings and in unlit areas where no Building Manager is assigned or the Building Manager is off duty;
- When required, shall drive the Employer's vehicle.
*An eligibility list may be established*
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced a n interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
Management and Executive