About the Opportunity
We're looking for a Junior Community Planner to join our Saskatoon Team. We work on innovative projects that create meaningful and lasting change. We’re excited to work with someone who is capable and collaborative, who will proactively support our local team with purpose, passion, and a desire to serve our client communities.
Supporting our Indigenous and Municipal clients you will be involved in a variety of projects including:
- Comprehensive Community Plans
- Land Use Plans
- Economic Development Initiatives
- Housing Studies
- Asset Management Planning
- Official Community Plans and Zoning Bylaws
- Development Advisory Services
- Conceptual Planning and Design
- Community and Stakeholder Engagement
Our preferred candidates will have:
- A completed graduate degree in geography, liberal arts, or planning, OR
- A completed undergraduate degree in planning (or a related field) and work experience in the private and/or public sector
The preferred candidate will be someone who is early in their career, willing to learn, and is committed to working within a team to deliver high-quality work.
The following attributes are key to success in this role:
- A demonstrated eagerness and enthusiasm to take ownership of their work, and learn from team members and clients throughout a project
- A passion for serving communities in Saskatchewan
- A self-starter who is opportunity-seeking and looking to expand and/or grow entrepreneurial skills
- A belief in the value of collaboration and a demonstrated ability to think creatively
- A willingness and desire to work with interdisciplinary teams for a variety of clients
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational capabilities and the ability to work on multiple projects with varying timelines
- An ability to make connections with colleagues and industry partners, and demonstrate curiosity for process, opportunities, and personal development
- An ability to thrive in a self-directed work environment, take initiative, and consistently deliver high-quality work
At Urban Systems, vibrant communities are everything—including our own work community. Since 1975, we have grown to more than 700 people with 18 offices across Canada. Every day, our purpose-driven team works closely with our clients and their communities to deliver impactful work. We are proud to work with diverse clients, including Indigenous communities, all levels of government, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector.
Our Commitment to You
Are you looking for opportunities to lead challenging initiatives in your community? Join a diverse and supportive group of professionals at Urban Systems and take part in impactful work building vibrant communities across Canada. Here’s what you can expect as a team member:
- Competitive compensation. Your skills and contributions are valued. You’ll receive competitive compensation, extended health, dental, vision care coverage, and more!
- Paid time off. We encourage all team members to take time off to recharge and spend time with loved ones. Enjoy 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, in addition to statutory days off throughout the year.
- Learn and grow. Your professional growth & development is supported here. You are encouraged to take initiative and shape your career through coaching, in-house learning, technical courses, and more.
- Work with inter-disciplinary teams. Amazing things happen when you mix creativity, curiosity, teamwork, and a strong desire to collaborate and innovate. You will be part of diverse, inter-disciplinary teams to deliver important work for our clients and their communities.
- Flexible hours & work environment. You have a life outside of work. We offer flexibility in your work schedule and work environment to help you do your best work and meet your commitments.
- Saving for the future. To help you achieve your long-term retirement goals, we offer a Long-Term Matching Program that matches your contributions to an RRSP or TFSA.
- Support through transitions. You will be supported through life’s moments and transitions, big or small, including generous top-up for parental leave.
- Create Lasting community impact. 98% of Urban Systems employees believe that the work we do is important. Join a team of like-minded leaders and work together to bring impactful community projects to life!
How to Apply
If this describes your background, skills and attributes please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn’t describe you exactly but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity among our teams leads to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Monday June 12, 2023 10:00 am CST
Community and Social Services Other