has a new opportunity for a Surveyor
or Survey Technician
(with Water Resources Engineering experience or training) to join the Prairies and North Region's Water Resources Engineering Group on a full-time basis in Saskatoon. The Water Resources Engineering Group provides a variety of engineering and environmental water services to many high-profile projects in the Prairie Provinces, Territories, throughout Canada and throughout the world. Your role will involve data collection (hydrometric, survey, sampling) field programs to support various water resources studies and design projects. This role involves significant overtime work during the open-water (spring to fall) seasons.A Day In the Life
What you will bring to WSP...
- You will be conducting topography and bathymetry surveys using various techniques (e.g., Trimble RTK GNSS, echosounder). Training will be provided on an as-needed basis for specialized survey equipment.
- You will be collecting field data including, but not limited to, flow and water level measurements; installing pressure transducers, dataloggers and gauges; level surveys; and water quality sampling.
- You may access remote sites via foot, off-road vehicles, or helicopter.
- You will lead field programs and preparing relevant health and safety documentation.
- You may assist with data entry and data processing.
- You are expected to demonstrate a "Safety-First" focus and act as a role model to other staff.
- You are expected to maintain a high standard of behavior to uphold WSP Golder's reputation and demonstrating a commitment to our Core Values.
- You may be in the field approximately 90% of the time.
- A Diploma or Certificate in surveying, environmental sciences, or related program with specific training or experience with Surveying Techniques (specifically with RTK).
- Experience with operating boats and working on water is an asset. Training will be provided on an as-needed basis.
- Relevant field and survey experience (this is an asset).
- Excellent work ethic with strong organization and time management skills.
- The ability to work with all levels of an organization as a strong team player.
- An attitude on conducting work to a high quality.
- Flexibility to work extra hours and for business travel when required.
- A valid driver's license.
- The ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- The ability to troubleshoot equipment problems in the field (this is an asset).
Experience operating fixed-wing or multicopter drones (this is an asset). WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Maintenance and Technicians