Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is an industry leading independent game development studio focused on creating revolutionary gaming experiences. It was founded in 2007 by the award-winning industry veterans and creative forces behind Company of Heroes™. Since that time SGI has developed a wide range of games- from original IP, AAA game concepts, to mobile apps, console titles, and even immersive online experiences.
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a creative and driven work environment with our passionate team of talented professionals on high quality projects.
As a Lead Programmer at Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI), you’re a talented and driven person who enjoys working on great projects. You have experience in a variety of areas of game development and are able and willing to work on any area of game programming needed, with a focus on full-stack development experience. You’re experienced in mentoring and training programmers and are responsible for the oversight and management of a team of programmers.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with the Technical Director to establish a unified technology vision for the project including writing and reviewing technical design documents;
- Produce high-quality, efficient, clean, and modular code;
- Collect and document users' requirements and develop logical specifications;
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems;
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs;
- Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, integration and operation of computer-based systems;
- Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for applications software;
- Lead and co-ordinate teams in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems;
- Show proactivity in identifying tasks/problems that need tackling, outside of known scheduled work, from refactoring to bug fixing;
- Be able to go above and beyond in their daily tasks as required;
- Provide mentorship and training for programmers to create an atmosphere of cooperation and learning;
- Provide and accept feedback on all aspects of code quality (performance, readability, testability, design);
- Demonstrate forward thinking in regards to what impact design and implementation decisions will have on the overall project during each phase of development;
- Work with Production in the creation and risk-management of project milestone goals and schedules;
- Coordinate the hiring, supervising and managing of other members of the team.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- 5+ years’ experience as a programmer in the game industry and or related field;
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent;
- Passion for playing and creating innovative games – you consider yourself a gamer;
- A natural affinity for being strongly self-motivated and an independent worker;
- Expert working knowledge of C++, Standard Library and Object Oriented Design;
- Strong understanding of general and 3D math, statistics and probability;
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, proven ability to tackle hard problems in creative ways;
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills;
- A positive attitude with a desire to work within a team environment towards a common goal;
- Impressive ability to estimate work load and execute on the work in the time estimated.
It would also be great if you had experience with:
- Any of the following languages, C#, Java, Lua, HLSL/Cg shaders;
- Mobile: iOS, Android;
- Test Driven Development;
- Visual Studio, Perforce;
- Unit testing and TDD for server development;
- C# server environments, AWS, Azure, GCP;
- Running a live server environment and supporting operations.
Smoking Gun Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Language primarily used: English
Wage range: $90,000-$120,000
Software and Programming