Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world's largest Caterpillar dealer. We are currently looking for dedicated Leadhand Heavy Duty Mechanic who reporting directly to the Service Supervisor, will be responsible for a variety of troubleshooting and repair duties within a service shop environment as well as providing leadership and instruction to others in their service and repair of a Caterpillar equipment, in support of our Regina General Line facility in Regina, SK.
This position is based on a Monday to Friday, 5x2 rotation. If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented and possess your Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification with a valid driver's license, then you are exactly who we are looking for!Job Description:
Major Job Functions:
- Perform regular service troubleshooting and repair duties as assigned by the Supervisor in a timely fashion and on customer site.
- Provide technical expertise on the shop floor and field operations.
- Schedule, delegate and instruct others in their duties.
- Review and assist with all necessary paperwork.
- Provide leadership with reference to on-site safety requirements and operational processes.
- Assist in training and development of team members on the job.
- Provide feedback to Supervisor concerning any issues identified by team members as appropriate.
- Other work assigned as required.
- Customer Focus: Being successful means continuously paying attention to customer needs and adapting as these evolve. This heightens the importance of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer centric solutions.
- Cultivates Innovation: Paying attention to what customers want and need - new and improved products, services, solutions, and experiences. Taking initiative and collaborating with people who have diverse points of view. Embrace the mindset you and Finning are never done, never satisfied, never standing still.
- Drives Results: Infusing the team and organizations with a sense of urgency. Creating a culture where organizational performance is always top of mind. Communicating a vision, setting priorities, developing and executing plans that achieve the desired outcome for Finning.
- Courage: Being comfortable with the conflict that is inherent to being a champion of an idea or course of action. Meeting tough situations head-on to constructively resolve them. Saying what needs to be said at the right time, to the right person, in the right manner to effect change.
- Detail oriented and very organized.
- Self-motivate, positive team player.
- The ability to help others troubleshoot and solve problems.
- The ability to motivate and instruct others.
- Ability to multi task.
- Dedication to safety.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work under minimal supervision and contribute positively to safe work environment.
- An interest in keeping up with new technologies.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and service literature.
- Ability to create standard correspondence.
- An understanding of the Caterpillar product line and ability to repair all equipment would be considered an asset.
- Computer literacy is required with an understanding of Finning systems and software programs considered assets.
- Mechanical aptitude with strong knowledge of heavy equipment parts and repairs.
- Motivate and lead team members to meet Finning customer service commitments.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Understand and adhere to all Finning policies, including Code of Conduct and Safety.
- Ensure all service documentation and billing is accurate and properly recorded.
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification
- Valid driver's license with a successful recent driver abstract
- Safety conscious team player with excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion, or in the process of completing Finning S-Level courses.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.