DRIVE YOUR CAREER WITH INLAND
Inland Group (Inland Kenworth) is an Industry-leader in the heavy-duty truck & equipment sales, service, and parts marketplace. As a rapidly growing company with over 1400 employees across 35 branches in North America, Inland offers exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future!
This position will be located at one or our Saskatchewan and Manitoba sales and service dealership locations including: Regina, Saskatoon, Swift Current, Estevan, Manitoba and Brandon.
During the 24-month program, the Management Trainee may be located at any of the branch locations within their designated region and must be willing to relocate within the region. THE OPPORTUNITY We are seeking Management Trainees to join our leadership development program.
This is a rotational development program to prepare successful candidates for future leadership opportunities in our business. Join our thriving team and grow your leadership skills in highly visible work experiences in operations, sales, and business management arenas.
This program is a formal leadership development program for highly motivated individuals giving participants in the program experience in a variety of rotations within Inland including Parts Sales and Operations, Service Operations, Sales, Leasing, and Branch Management.
Rotations are designed to allow trainees to acquire the skills and knowledge to prepare individuals for the potential of development into future leadership opportunities in key business functions of our company.
The formalized training will be completed in 24 months. Actual time spent in each rotation may vary based on the Management Trainee's progress. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
In these rotational assignments you will receive mentoring from our Regional General Managers, General Managers and other high performing leaders to learn our business through all critical pathways of business operations.
Participants will be involved in the day-to-day operations and are utilized as members of each assigned work team. The length of each assignment will vary for each candidate based on individual need, regional opportunities, but it is expected to include four (4) rotations in different business functions, notably Sales, Service Parts and Leasing. The Management Trainee is also expected to prepare a department improvement project focusing on a process or method improvement during each rotation.
This advanced Management Trainee program is focused for candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset, strong work ethic and interest in contributing to a high-performance work environment. WHAT WE LOOK FOR
CANADA BENEFITS PACKAGE
- A degree/diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution. A trades background in a Parts or Service vocation is also acceptable.
- Up to three years of relevant work experience. Or transferrable experience from other similar business models such as automotive dealerships, heavy truck or equipment OEM's or dealer groups, peripheral industries or other high-performance organizations may be considered.
- Willingness to relocate within the assigned region.
- Leadership aptitude.
- Supervisory experience is an asset.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical. Creative problem solver.
- Capable of adapting to new situations and new learning opportunities.
- Works well in fast paced, team environment.
- High level of competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with the ability to quickly master industry specific software systems
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Good lateral thinker, creative, imaginative, "outside the box"
- Strong business ethics with a professional approach at all times
- Physically able to meet the demands of the position including ability to climb in and out of commercial vehicles and carry up to 50 lbs for short distances
- Demonstrated safety leadership mindset and ability to comply with the company's Health and Safety requirements
- Valid driver's license and passport
- Available for some travel that will be required to attend training courses or meetings, evaluate existing inventory, or meet with current and potential customers
- Ability to meet the requirements of the program to move to new location assignments on an annual basis
Our employees receive a generous benefits package including:
- Extended Medical (including Vision)
- Prescription benefits
- RRSP with employer matching program
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- On-going training opportunities
Include your resume and attach a cover letter that provides a thoughtful statement of your interest in the program.