KPMG LLP is seeking a Manager to join our growing Deal Advisory - Infrastructure Advisory practice in Regina, Saskatchewan.
Over the past 30 years, our Global Infrastructure Advisory practice has become the largest and fastest growing of its kind in Canada due to our deep and specialized knowledge and skills, and unrelenting commitment to client service excellence. As leaders of the industry, we are passionate about earning client trust. We take deep personal accountability in measuring success from the only perspective that matters - that of our clients.
When you work with us, you are working with a multi-disciplinary team of accountants, project financiers, economists, engineers, construction managers, capital markets advisors, project managers, asset manager professionals, stakeholder and government relations specialists. Overview of the opportunity:
KPMG's Global Infrastructure Advisory group is seeking a Manager to join our Saskatchewan practice.
Our Global Infrastructure Advisory team - comprising almost 100 professionals nationally - is a multi-disciplinary group of capital project managers, engineers, consultants, accountants, and attorneys, many of whom are former owners, contractors, and/or design or construction professionals from industry. We add value to our clients on their major infrastructure projects by helping them understand and manage the risks associated with their projects. We assist both public sector and private sector clients in the development of strategies to realize their major infrastructure projects by providing a full spectrum of planning, transaction structuring, value for money, procurement, delivery, and asset management and operations advisory services.
In addition, as part of our growing Saskatchewan Advisory practice you will join a team of multi-disciplinary professionals supporting clients locally, regionally and across the country. Our diverse local team incudes specialized internal audit, information technology, cybersecurity, financial advisory, and strategy and operations advisors based in Regina and Saskatoon. What you will do This is a position for professionals with 5-9 years of industry experience.
As the successful candidate, you will be part of the team delivering high quality services to top tier public and private sector clients. You will advise on major projects for government (federal, provincial and municipal), as well as the private sector across a wide variety of industries and sectors including energy and natural resources (e.g. oil and gas, mining, power and utilities, and water and waste water). You will also assist with business development in western Canada and nationally. Project Development and Delivery
The services the successful candidate will provide to public and/or private sector clients may include:
- Project planning and strategy
- Feasibility, business case and market analysis
- Project funding and financing model development and analysis
- Project risk assessment, including identification and quantification of risks
- Procurement strategy development, and procurement process management
- Development and implementation of project governance and project management frameworks, and related project delivery tools
- Commercial structuring of complex contracts, and contract management
- Project implementation advice through design and construction
- Project controls set-up and/or monitoring (cost and schedule management, risk management, change control, reporting)
- Project performance reviews and healthchecks
- Organizational reviews
- Advisory services related to major organizational transformation (especially those enabled by information technology or capital projects)
The responsibilities of the successful candidate in delivering these services over the course of specific client engagements will include:
- Managing small teams of KPMG advisory personnel
- Providing leadership, direction, and guidance to senior and executive level client stakeholders
- Developing and presenting client materials including status reports, project reports and presentations
- Actively engaging in (and at times overseeing) the delivery of core analysis responsibilities including primary and secondary research, quantitative data collection and analysis, financial modelling, business analysis, and application of methodologies to achieve client objectives
- Actively developing materials (frameworks, tools, documentation, etc.) that support improved project delivery
- Developing work plans and then monitoring proactively these with respect to scope, budget, schedule, and quality of work/deliverables
The successful candidate will help grow the business through:
- Regular participation in business development activities
- Development of relationships with other practice areas within KPMG (management consulting, risk consulting, deal advisory, audit and tax) both locally and in other offices
- Maintenance and development of Trusted Advisor relationships with current and future clients
- Leading the development of proposals (both strategic messaging and original content)
- Development of KPMG's profile within the marketplace via industry involvement, contribution to internal and external publications, and presentation at conferences and industry events
The successful candidate will help develop our internal teams through:
What you bring to the role
- Training and mentoring of junior staff and contributing to the overall skills enhancement and experience of the team
- Working closely with Senior Managers, Directors and Partners to develop team capacity and capabilities
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science or equivalent professional education. Additionally, an MBA or other post-graduate studies or professional affiliations (e.g. CPA, CFA, P.Eng. PMP, etc.) is preferred, but not required.
- 5-9 years of industry experience
- A positive, solution-focused mindset
- Proven capabilities of managing and working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to communicate and effectively engage with a diverse group of clients
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong emotional and organizational intelligence
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- The ability to simplify problems and synthesize related content into succinct and clear materials
- Project planning, feasibility study and business case experience
- Project/construction management and/or procurement experience with large capital projects
- Project controls and contract management experience
- A solid understanding of the lifecycle activities supporting an infrastructure asset
- Experience with alterative contract types (e.g. DBB, EPC, EPCM, DBFO, PPPs, etc.)
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Proven track record at managing multiple and competing priorities
The ability to travel across Canada, as necessary, is also critical to this role. Work Environment
The Global Infrastructure Advisory group operates in a dynamic environment - clients change, projects proceed to new phases, new challenges arise, and client requirements change. This results in an exciting environment in which to work and gives members of the team the opportunity to stretch their capabilities and develop new areas of expertise.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance