At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The opportunity:
Our Technology Risk Consulting team is growing and looking for a talented professional at the Manager level to join the KPMG's Cyber Security team in Regina. The successful candidate will focus primarily on delivering SOC 1 / SOC 2 / SOC 3 / ISO based services, as well as and IT project and ERP advisory services to clients in the financial services, technology, telecom, public sector space. You will also lead delivery while providing guidance and mentorship to our new campus hires.
Learn more about KPMG Technology Risk Consulting here.
At KPMG we continue to be a virtual first work environment; however, this role is required to be located in Regina. The team looks forward to representing KPMG and growing our practice locally through industry events and client meetings when safe to do so.
Find out more about KPMG Risk Consulting. What you will do
As a Manager, you'll lead and work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
What you bring to the role
- Support key services including general/application control audits/assessments, compliance with SOC 1 / SOC 2 / SOC 3 audits of controls, Cybersecurity/Technology Risk, IT infrastructure security reviews, project governance reviews and ISO assessments.
- Review new and existing systems in terms of adequacy of controls, security, operational considerations, conversion issues and project management assessment.
- The review and provision of advice and assistance on business process controls:
- Quality assurance through file review, engagement planning, development and monitoring, engagement profitability - Simultaneously deliver multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
- Taking an active role in the business community to increase awareness of the firm's services and level of commitment to the local market, developing and maturing relationships with internal staff and clients, developing proposals, identifying and pursuing opportunities to increase the practice's penetration in the public and private sector.
- Conducting research, performing technical testing, writing reports, conducting interviews and communicating regularly with clients and resources.
- Lead field engagement teams as well as coaching and mentoring staff members.
- Maintain sharing of knowledge through tool development, template enhancements and methodology enhancements.
- Identify and implement improvements in existing processes and procedures.
- Evaluate the risks and the adequacy of controls associated with IT, applications, operating systems, databases and interfaces and business cycle controls
- Interact with various clients to understand their environments and needs; manage expectations of clients and different managers/partners.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and behaviors:
Keys to your success:
- Completion of one or a combination of the following designations: CPA, CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CISM.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in assessing information technology or business process risk, ideally within a large consulting practice.
- Strong understanding and experience with business process controls, IT General controls (ITGCs) and controls-based audits/assessment (e.g. CSAE 3416, CSAE 3000, or SSAE 18) is required.
- Experience testing of controls in different IT environments.
- Experience with AWS, Azure and/or other leading cloud providers.
- Good understanding of Industry standards and frameworks such as COBIT, ISO 27001 and 27002, NIST and COSO.
- Experience with developing client relationships, general project management, and team leadership.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of business risks, IT risks, and audit risks.
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to create factual, relevant, and easily understandable talking points and other messaging, and persuasively deliver it to relevant audiences.
- Ability to prioritize workloads, remain flexible, and maintain a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment while supporting multiple, simultaneous programs.
- Self-starter who can develop strategic direction, plan effective tactics and deliver results.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (within Canada), when safe to do so and travel restrictions are lifted.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.