Overview You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. For over 150 years, our professionals have provided consulting, accounting, auditing, and tax services to Canadians, inspiring confidence, empowering change, and driving innovation. Guided by our core values , KPMG employs more than 10,000 people in over 40 locations across Canada, serving private- and public-sector clients. KPMG is consistently ranked one of Canada's top employers and one of the best places to work in the country. Overview of the opportunity:
Our Technology Risk Consulting team is growing and looking for a talented professional at the Manager level to join the KPMG's Advisory team in Saskatoon. The successful candidate will focus primarily on delivering IT Audit services, as well as and IT project and Technology advisory services to clients in the financial services, technology, telecom, and public sector space. You will also lead delivery while providing guidance and mentorship to our new hires.
Learn more about KPMG Technology Risk Consulting here.
At KPMG we have embraced a virtual first work environment; however, this role must be located in Saskatoon, SK. The team looks forward to representing KPMG and growing our Technology Risk Consulting practice locally through industry events and client meetings when safe to do so. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Support key services including general/application control audits/assessments, compliance with SOC 1 / SOC 2 / SOC 3 audits of controls, Cybersecurity/Technology Risk, IT infrastructure security reviews, project governance reviews and ISO assessments.
- Review new and existing systems in terms of adequacy of controls, security, operational considerations, conversion issues and project management assessment.
- Lead and engagement with clients on IT audit and assessment engagements ranging from operating system security, cloud and network security, program change management, IT Security operations, and other IT governance related areas.
- The review and provision of advice and assistance on business process controls:
Quality assurance through file review, engagement planning, development and monitoring, engagement profitability - Simultaneously deliver multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
- Taking an active role in the business community to increase awareness of the firm's services and level of commitment to the local market, developing and maturing relationships with internal staff and clients, developing proposals, identifying and pursuing opportunities to increase the practice's penetration in the public and private sector.
- Conducting research, performing technical testing, writing reports, conducting interviews and communicating regularly with clients and resources.
- Lead field engagement teams as well as coaching and mentoring staff members.
- Maintain sharing of knowledge through tool development, template enhancements and methodology enhancements.
- Identify and implement improvements in existing processes and procedures.
- Evaluate the risks and the adequacy of controls associated with IT, applications, operating systems, databases and interfaces and business cycle controls
- Interact with various clients to understand their environments and needs; manage expectations of clients and different managers/partners.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and behaviors:
Keys to your success:
- Completion of one or a combination of the following designations: CPA, CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CISM.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in assessing information technology or business process risk, ideally within a large consulting practice.
- Strong understanding and experience with business process controls, IT General controls (ITGCs) and controls-based audits/assessment (e.g., CSAE 3416, CSAE 3000, or SSAE 18) is required.
- Experience testing of controls in different IT environments.
- Experience with AWS, Azure and/or other leading cloud providers.
- Experience with developing client relationships, general project management, and team leadership.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of business risks, IT risks, and audit risks.
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to create factual, relevant, and easily understandable talking points and other messaging, and persuasively deliver it to relevant audiences.
- Ability to prioritize workloads, remain flexible, and maintain a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment while supporting multiple, simultaneous programs.
- Self-starter who can develop strategic direction, plan effective tactics and deliver results.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (within Canada), when safe to do so and travel restrictions are lifted.
- Positive attitude
- Drive for success
- Continuous desire to learn and improve.
- Adaptability to the ever-growing trends in Technology Risk
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch this video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office in the course of their duties.
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Customer Service and Support